Process Engineer Hamilton, ON
Mondel z International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150
countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic
brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and
Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000+
colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great
people and great brands. That s who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the
world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
It s time for you to Make It with Mondel z International.
As part of Manufacturing, you ll use your skills, our systems and a wide
array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our
consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you ll also
ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-
quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
This position is for a Plant based process development engineer with 0 - 2
years of experience. The role supports North American confectionary initiatives
located within the Hamilton manufacturing facility (Maynards, Swedish Fish,
Sour Patch Kids being its most notable brands). This roles focus will be o
process / quality improvements, optimization, and commercialization of new
confectionary products & process equipment. This position will have the
opportunity to build strong relationships across Plant based Operations,
Engineering, Quality, corporate RDQ and various equipment vendors. This is a
developmental role as the successful candidate will be rotated in the future
through various plant functions as we strive to internally grow our most
promising talent into our future leaders.
To be successful, the candidate must employ a logical work approach; be driven,
accountable, and understand the value of bringing science and engineering to
manufacturing. This includes assuring permanent achievement of high quality
products by managing all aspects related to the manufacturing process (process
routes, process technologies and parameters, process related procedures / work
instructions, compliance with standards, and GMP). He / She must be strong
agents of change and possesses the ability to lead and motivate others.
Key skills of the successful Process Engineering candidate are root cause
analysis, loss intelligence / analysis throughout the operation, change
management and the coaching of others. The Process Engineer leads various teams
responsible for identifying, documenting and controlling best practices in
their functional areas. Participation in the daily, monthly and annual Pla
Do, Check, Adjust loss analysis process, and the tracking of performance a
the developing of plans and actions to meet or exceed site targets is an
essential part of the role. Designing, planning and executing small scale
experiments to support hypotheses and developing project plans into smaller
timeline driven tasks, tracking their progress, and ensuring projects are
delivered on time, are musts. Candidates must possess strong technical (unit
operations), project management, and effective communication skill sets.
* Lead, coach core teams to identify and analyze losses and develop
solutions and control plans; using Lean Tools such as 5 Whys, Six Sigma
tools such as Pareto and FMEA along with focused improvement tools such
as bottleneck analysis, and driver tree methodology.
* Support waste reductions initiatives (such as War on Waste)
* Actively support R&D and Engineering for all development programs
targeting process equipment, new products, and technologies.
* Identify and plan Kaizen/Performance Improvement activities such as speed
increase, minor stop reduction, scrap reduction, labor efficiency
* Support new product introduction and major capital initiatives, providing
performance data analysis to ensure product and delivery standards are
* Support all plant safety initiatives related to line processes.
* Lead the activities to document and capture best operating practices,
centerline equipment and build capability in the core teams, proactively
communicate key learnings to enable best practice replication.
* Provide technical support to develop new cost saving programs and execute
* Engage in Daily Management System Meetings to help lead plans for loss
analysis / loss elimination and quality improvements.
* Trouble shooting processes.
* Other related duties as assigned
* Bachelors Degree (4 yrs.) preferably in Chemical Engineering, Food
Engineering. OR related fields Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial
Engineering (MSE a plus)
* Strong Engineering and Unit Operations knowledge
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Leadership - Ability to influence others and get results through working
within a diverse team
* Problem solving - Ability to work independently and drive results
* Innovative thinker - challenge the status quo
* Must have Microsoft Suite expertise (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Production, Process or Continuous Improvement experience within Food
* Familiar with FDA and USDA regulations and requirements
* Previous experience leading, motivating and engaging teams
* Knowledge of Integrated Lean Six Sigma Work Systems
* Knowledge of Measurement Methods and Statistical Analysis tools
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with
disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are
available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the
employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who
require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process,
including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Manufacturing Continuous Improvement
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.