Producer / Account Manager
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working
to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best
practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We
work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the
labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic,
social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at
Point Blank for the same reason it was founded to help progressive
organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing
movements. We re proud to say that our 26 staff hail from 8+ countries, spe
12+ languages, and over 60% identify as women - and we have gender parity and
diverse sexual identities at every level of the agency.
We work as an integrated team on projects across Canada with staff in
Vancouver, Edmonton, Victoria, Ottawa, and Toronto. Our offices are on the
unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnaabeg and Coast Salish Peoples,
including the territories of the x m k y m (Musqueam), S
s l lw ta (Tsleil-Waututh), S wx w 7mesh (Squami
in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many
Indigenous Peoples, including Cree, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), M tis,
and Nakota Sioux Peoples.
Our work has been recognized in Canada and America. In 2018, our Game Over
Christy ad was recognized as Best TV Ad at the Reed Awards in their
Overall category (entries from Canada, US, and around the world). Ou
work has also received nine nominations for the 2020 Reed Awards. Point
Blank s founder, Nathan Lusignan, has also been recognized as one of BC
Top Forty Under 40 entrepreneurs.
You take pride in being the most organized person in the room, and love
bringing the pieces of the puzzle together, no matter how challenging. As the
incoming Producer, you ll join our team of savvy, fun, and determined accou
managers to primarily work with our Ontario-based clients. You ll manage a
portfolio of projects and client relationships and be responsible for ensuring
that Point Blank consistently delivers an exceptional experience and work that
exceeds client expectations. This position reports to the Head Producer and
will be based in Toronto or Ottawa.
* Proactively build strong, trusting partnerships with clients, serving as
a solutions-oriented fixer and day-to-day point of contact for clients.
* Champion the client's best interests, flagging concerns and maintaining
open communication with client and project team to maintain and grow the
* Work with the Resource Coordinator to plan and coordinate project work
and experience for clients to achieve their goals and exceed their
* Lead project teams through a full campaign process, running weekly status
meetings to keep each team up-to-date and on track.
* Schedule and lead all client meetings and participate in all client
* Review all deliverables to ensure they are up to Point Blank s
standards and fully reflect the client s goals, constraints, and
* Present recommendations to clients and work for feedback/approval.
* Monitor client satisfaction and handle disputes when they arise, promptly
flagging serious issues.
* Monitor project scope and secure approvals for scope changes from
* Identify opportunities for additional work.
* Confirm & manage contractor invoicing and project expenses.
* Hold project debriefs with each project team and with clients, ensuring
challenges and lessons are flagged for action.
* Participate in events on behalf of Point Blank, staying informed on
agency and client activities (within and outside the scope of your
* Attentive, organized and dependable. You pride yourself on crossing every
t and dotting every i. Your written and verbal communication skills are
* Outgoing and affable, you ve got great people skills. You know how to
develop and maintain strong client relationships.
* Low-ego and positive you know how to work in a fast-paced environment and
focus on the big picture.
* Persuasive and a confident negotiator, you know how to deliver bad news,
work with difficult personalities, and bring people around to a different
point of view.
* Collaborative and quick, you can think on your feet and find creative
solutions in stressful situations.
* Resilient, you can work under pressure and extremely tight deadlines
while maintaining a good sense of humour, tact, and professionalism.
* You are highly motivated, take initiative, and have an honest desire to
provide excellent client service.
* A generalist, you are comfortable talking about and producing the broad
range of products and services Point Blank offers.
* Strong project management experience. You will be responsible for making
sure that projects are delivered on time and complete.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to balance complex
projects with many moving parts.
* You have firsthand experience working on progressive digital campaigns in
the political, non-profit, and/or union sector OR experience in digital
* Based in Ottawa or Toronto, this position requires some travel and non-
standard work hours as needed to complete the required responsibilities.
Why work with us?
* Our entire team are campaigners who are committed to social change. We
work with causes and movements we believe in - and we have a great time
* We offer career development and growth opportunities and a great benefits
package - including a health and dental plan.
* Once a year we fly the whole team to Vancouver for a fun staff retreat,
for team building, training, and ample social opportunities (COVID-19
* Our Vancouver, Edmonton and Ottawa offices are centrally located - close
to transit and great places to live and eat. We ll be opening a Toron
office in the near future.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skills.
Step 1 Send us your CV and cover letter in a single document to
with the subject line Producer / Account
Step 2 Submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an
interview. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date apply now, we will be conducting rolling interviews and are
looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.