Product Cybersecurity Assurance Firmware Specialist
EWA-Canada, An Intertek Company, is comprised of a group of people whose
collective knowledge of all aspects of cyber security is widely recognized as
world-class. With over 30 years experience, we have a client base in 20+
countries around the globe. Our success is based on the significant expertise
of our team and their use of a structured and vendor-neutral approach to IT
security evaluation and information assurance services. Located in Ottawa, we
offer attractive compensation and benefits packages and an excellent work
* We are seeking experienced, technology savvy people with a strong
interest in the security of software intensive, real-time systems who
want to work within our IT security evaluation labs.
* We are looking to hire systems engineers and/or computer software and
hardware specialists interested in the identification of security
relevant design weaknesses, implementation flaws, and vulnerabilities. As
a Trusted Third Party, we evaluate our client s systems and solutions
to help them better provide assurance to their customers.
* The work involves being part of a team that is performing detailed
security analysis of state-of-the-art networked systems, applications,
and technologies including embedded real-time carrier grade
telecommunications systems and traditional enterprise class systems. EWA-
Canada uses the best available security evaluation methodologies to
maintain our standards and competitive edge.
* Experience with different non-volatile storage technologies (NVM), in
particular with solid state devices (e.g. EEPROM, NOR Flash, NAND Flash,
* Experience with non-destructive removal of ICs from PCBs.
* Experience with methods of imaging contents of NVM, including chip-off
techniques and the use of universal programmers.
* Experience with identification of contents of NVM images.
* Experience in recreating data (e.g. files and filesystems) present in NVM
images, including images that span multiple NVM devices.
* Experience with different filesystem implemenations (e.g. JFFS2, UBIFS,
* Experience with boot systems (e.g. u-boot, uefi, etc.).
* Experience with tools for inspecting and manipulating NVM images and
binary file formats.
* Experience with assembly languages (e.g. ARM, MIPS, x86_64, etc.) and the
use of disassemblers.
* Ideally the experience in this area would have come from work with
embedded and real-time systems.
In addition to the experience above, a successful candidate should also be
familiar with some of the following:
* network monitoring/sniffing
* network scanning, including vulnerability scanning
* penetration testing
* on-device inspection of network socket use and process listing
* identification of potential malware on a system
* wireless access network technologies (e.g. 3GPP and WiFi) and their
* setting up and maintenance of networks
* use of virtual machine technologies
* use of scripting languages in Windows and Linux (e.g. CMD/shell
scripting), including Python
* reading and understanding C/C++
* in-system programming/debug (e.g. JTAG, SWD, etc
* The successful candidate will be subject to a security investigation and
will need to meet eligibility requirements for Top Secret clearance in
* Bachelor or master s degree in Comp. Science, Engineering or other
relevant technical field, or equivalent combination of work experience
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals
dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the
world s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employe
the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this
industry on a global scale.
EWA-Canada, an Intertek company, offers a salary and benefit package
competitively placed with the local market. We promote a culture where
motivated customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional
fulfillment and reach their highest potential. Medical, Prescription, Dental,
Vision, and Disability Insurance plans; RRSP plan with company match; paid time
off (vacation; sick holiday); Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Tuition
Reimbursement, and more.
EWA-Canada, an Intertek company encourages applications from all qualified
candidates. Please contact if you need accommodation at
any stage of the application process or want more information on our
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.