Product Manager, Data,Strategy
CORPORATE PROFILE Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies.
Build your career with us and apply today. FRONT OFFICE SOLUTIONS PROFILE Northern Trust’s Front Office Solutions is an integrated digital and service platform that enables investment offices to view data across their whole portfolio, with timely, accurate and consolidated views of both public and private market data. Designed for the modern asset owner with multi-asset class portfolios, Front Office Solutions serves foundations, endowments, pension funds, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, and other complex organizations.
SUMMARY We are seeking a Data Strategist with a passion and unparalleled expertise for sourcing and integrating conventional financial data as well as non-traditional sources into our products, processes, services, and ultimately our client’s decision making. This individual would be tasked to execute on immediate and incremental gains, and at the same time define and lead a clear data strategy going forward.
A successful candidate would have experience working alongside data providers and aggregators. This would include negotiating commercial agreements and vendor oversight. This individual would be a subject matter expert in a variety of these data sources and a proven record of implementing this.
Structured data sources include transactional and valuations (custodians, brokers, other systems of record), market data providers (benchmarks, ratings, analytics, estimates, pricing, security master) and boutique (company holdings, manager details, liquidity models). Further, this person would collaborate on the data and technology framework for the handling of unstructured data to further our clients’ efficiency and insight. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define a clear data strategy, develop a delivery roadmap, and provide guidance to successfully deliver.
- Manage, but also foster and partner with multiple data providers and aggregators.
- Partner with stakeholders to prioritize data deliverables and ensure linkage to business priorities.
- Drive an innovative data architecture to support the data strategy and understand solutions for unstructured data sources.
- Collaborate with the Platform Product Owner to implement solutions.
- Set up a robust data governance structure to ensure data quality, usage measurement, regulatory and compliance, and data remediation.
- Mobilize our client servicing teams for operational readiness.
- Work with product management, sales, marketing, and servicing teams in go-to-market activities.
- Responsible for identifying key product metrics and methods of reporting.
- Coordinate with other teams to find synergies and opportunities to share technologies and / or integration of products.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding of the institutional investment industry.
- Focus on deriving insights that can be applied to client’s decision making.
- Knowledge of traditional asset classes (equity, fixed income, cash) and alternative assets (private equity, hedge funds, real estate, derivatives).
- Prior experience with multi-asset class portfolio management software.
- Broad experience with increasing responsibilities across Data Operations and Data Strategy.
- Highly developed skills in influencing through complex contract negotiations.
- Proven track record of exceptional proven results.
- Understanding of traditional and alternatives asset classes.
- Ability to work effectively across teams, foster inclusivity, overcome resistance and navigate a complex organization with a high level of EQ.
- Proven track record in the FinTech / Findata industry.
- Completion (or progress towards) of advanced credentials (CFA, CAIA, CIMA).
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.