Production Supervisor - Metals
Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approxmately 23,500 people and have global sales of approxmately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
Purpose of the Job:
To supervise and coordinate the activities of the production employees to meet/exceed location operating goals efficiencies in the areas of OEE, Spoilage, Safety, Continuous Improvements, Cost Reduction and Quality.
- Responsible for a total of approximately 25 hourly associates per shift.
- Responsible for results for all aspects of the crew operation including, but not limited to the items listed in the purpose of the job.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of associates engaged in the production and processing of can/end production.
- Read and analyze charts work orders, maintenance and production schedules in order to meet customer requirements. Confer with other supervisors/mgrs. to coordinate operations and activities throughout the operation.
- Plan and establish work schedules assignments and production sequences to meet daily goals. Inspect materials product and equipment to detect defects or malfunctions. Determine best problem solving solution.
- Ensure safe operation of all equipment and train associates as necessary.
- Ensure all associates adhere to production and processing standards.
- Confer with management for guidance in resolving employee complaints and/or grievances.
- Ensure all Company procedures and policies applicable to your operation are enforced.
- Ensure all production quality and maintenance systems are in working order.
- Production and Processing Knowledge of raw materials, production, equipment and processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Must be willing to work any shift in the 4/4 schedule operation.
- Be able to work in a high speed environment and the ability to process information to make good decisions.
- Administrative and Management Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, employee relations, leadership techniques in the coordination of people and resources.
- Mechanical Knowledge of machines, tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- The job requires a willingness to take charge, offer direction, opinions and accept feedback.
- The job requires being honest and ethical in all business dealings.
- The job requires being reliable responsible and personally accountable for results.
- This position requires the ability to build a team spirit a positive work environment and yet hold associates accountable for results.
- The job requires outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanical troubleshooting and process skills are essential.
Our Vision and Values The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.