Professional Development and Training Assistant
Ropes & Gray LLP is a preeminent global law firm focused on providing the
highest-quality advice on our clients critical legal and business issues.
Our global team of 2,500 talented professionals regularly helps clients meet
high-stakes challenges, solve complex problems and achieve key goals. These
colleagues work together across a global office network that includes offices
in Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Seoul,
Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Tokyo and Washington, D.C.
We are a contemporary firm that can bring more than 150 years of legal and
institutional history to bear on the challenges clients face in today s 24/
7 global business environment. Our collaborative approach gives our
clients which include many of the world s most respected companies and
institutions ready access to leading corporate, litigation, transactional a
regulatory lawyers whose knowledge and experience span industries and
With an international presence, we focus on a number of key industries,
including private equity; asset management; life sciences and health care;
investment banking; technology, media and telecommunications; and consumer and
retail. Our clients include global industry leaders, financial institutions,
investment firms, private equity firms, hospitals and health care
organizations, educational institutions, and individuals.
We have consistently been recognized for our leading practices in many areas,
including private equity, M&A, finance, asset management, real estate, tax,
antitrust, life sciences, health care, intellectual property, litigation &
enforcement, privacy & cybersecurity, and business restructuring.
Ropes & Gray is an equal opportunity employer.
The Professional Development Assistant (Corporate) provides assistance to the
Professional Development and Training team in implementing and designing legal
* Assists in the implementation of lawyer training programs.
* Manages the logistics of training programs, including creating/sending
invitations through the firm s learning management system, scheduling
creating sign-in sheets, distributing materials, acting as liaison with
Conference Services, sending surveys and general troubleshooting.
* Supports planning for training camps and retreats.
* Assists with preparation of training program materials and preparing CLE
* Provides on-site support for training as needed.
* Participates in design of training programs.
* Provides lateral associates with training resources with direction from
* Maintains and updates training charts, calendars, learning paths and the
corporate training infoNet page.
* Drafts meeting notes as needed.
* Tracks program attendance and feedback ratings.
* Schedules corporate team meetings and prepares agendas.
* Learns and uses effectively firm applications (Word, FileSite and
* Serves as back-up to Corporate PD&T team members as needed.
* Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
* Action oriented
* Takes initiative and is proactive; able to work independently
* Excellent attention to detail
* Well-developed problem-solving and critical thinking skills
* Learns quickly and enjoys learning new information & systems
* Good listener
* Has customer focus; can provide exemplary customer service and interact
effectively and with composure with all levels of personnel in a
professional services firm
* Works efficiently and effectively; thoughtfully prioritizes multiple work
* Collaborative; works successfully in teams
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Can understand the interrelationship of complex systems
* Will never disclose confidential information
* Works effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment
BA degree or equivalent, experience with law firm environment a plus. Excellent
verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability
to multi-task, prioritize work and consistently meet deadlines. Maintains
strict confidentiality in all matters.
Normal office environment. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to
fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for
the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive
statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.