Professional Support Lawyer/Knowledge Management Lawyer, Real Estate
Goodwin Procter LLP
- Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,200-plus lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
Goodwin is consistently recognized as a leading law firm in the Real Estate Industry and we were most recently ranked Commercial Property Executive's Leading Real Estate Law Firm and Law360’s Real Estate Group of the Year. Our global presence and our seasoned lawyers have fortified Goodwin as a market and thought leader in the real estate sector.
Within Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry group, Goodwin’s Real Estate Joint Ventures/Real Estate Finance practice handles complex commercial real estate transactions, ranging from single-asset developments to stabilized portfolios, advising on structuring, negotiating, investing in, and governance of joint ventures, and on multi-tiered debt and equity financing structures.
As the Professional Support Lawyer (“PSL”) for the Real Estate group, you are an experienced lawyer who will be a member of one of the legal industry’s leading Knowledge Management groups, known for award-winning and innovative KM systems and approaches. Working as a KM Professional Support Lawyer, you will be embedded within the Real Estate Joint Ventures/Real Estate Finance legal practice (the “Practice”), where you will work closely with the Practice leaders and will draw upon your legal expertise and prior experience to support this group by providing the highest quality legal content and know-how for our U.S. Real Estate practitioners.
What you’ll do:
- Create, develop and maintain model documents, forms, precedents, checklists, and other substantive content for the Practice, ensuring such content is up-to-date and readily accessible on the firm’s intranet and other content-sharing platforms.
- Serve as a source of legal, market and practical expertise; identifying and collecting key data points of the Practice’s legal work for statistical analysis and post-deal assessments, benchmarking and market trends.
- Monitor and inform the Practice of important legal developments relevant to the Practice; supporting the writing and publication of external client alerts on such developments.
- Develop curriculum for, and participate in, training initiatives for the Practice, including internal training sessions, client workshops, and other firm educational training programs.
- Work with the Knowledge Management team to develop solutions to increase efficiency, enable legal project management and improve legal service delivery of the Practice; such as document assembly packages, expert systems and client-facing applications.
- Participate in Knowledge Management Department meetings to facilitate the sharing of best practices and knowledge, and perform such other duties as requested by the Knowledge Management Department.
- Assist in business development efforts for the Practice, including thought leadership initiatives, client seminars and pitches, to elevate the awareness and value of the Practice and the firm’s KM program.
Who you are:
- Juris Doctor required.
- 7+ years legal experience practicing in the complex commercial real estate transactional space (e.g., acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, financings), either in a law firm or in house legal department.
- Passion for knowledge-sharing, efficiency and excellence in legal work.
- Interest in working with legal technology, such as document automation, artificial intelligence and collaboration platforms.
Location: Boston or New York office
Reports to the Director of Knowledge Management, Business Law
We are currently not accepting agency submission at this time.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.