Program Assistant, Integrated Development
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Job Title: Program Assistant
Division: Global Health
Group: Integrated Development
Location: Seattle, WA
At the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation we believe that by creating an environment for our employees to personally and professionally thrive, we will have maximum impact toward our missions to achieve our vision.
To learn more about our vision and missions, please visit our website at www.gatesfoundation.org.
To learn more about career opportunities at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, please visit our Careers site at www.gatesfoundation.org/careers.
Global Health – Integrated Development
The Integrated Development team (IDEV) serves as a “solutions shop” to help solve complex product development challenges in areas of planning, clinical trial design, regulatory, policy, manufacturing for drugs, vaccines and other health interventions. Our work is organized in 4 areas: Quantitative Sciences; Regulatory; Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC), and most recently the addition of Contraceptive Technology product development (in close collaboration with the Family Planning team within our Global Development Division).
We work to reduce the time needed to develop novel medical products and technologies, and we create platforms for knowledge sharing and collaboration so that researchers can analyze large amounts of data to gain new insights faster. Furthermore, we support the development of technologies that facilitate low-cost drug manufacturing, as well as long-acting and other advanced drug delivery technologies to lower barriers to access, increase adherence and enhance health outcomes.
The Program Assistant is a key member of the team. This role provides administrative and organizational support for Deputy Directors, Program Officers, and Strategy Officers. Program Assistants provide wide and varied administrative and organizational support for program or operations leaders and teams. Efficiency, attention to detail, flexibility, time management, and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks while using good judgment are critical in this role to ensure smooth operation of the team.
Leadership & Culture
Our culture shapes our choices about what we do and how we do it. We believe that energized people, working well together, with a team mindset and fueled by great leadership in an inclusive environment can do extraordinary things. We expect foundation employees to intentionally and consistently embody our four agreements; show respect, offer trust, be transparent, and create energy.
- Schedule a high volume of appointments and meetings with very fast turn-around; complexity; and scanning ahead frequently to proactively flag and resolve conflicts, manage complex calendars for multiple people, and make multifaceted travel arrangements domestic and international.
- Assist in scheduling and planning for events, such as meetings, conferences and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, preparing and disseminating materials.
- Coordinate arrangements and logistics for frequent domestic or international travel with competencies (e.g. proactively include ground transportation for int’l travel); and attention to detail (e.g. timing of connections).
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries including answering and prioritizing calls, email and mail communications.
- Maintain organized files and records and a system for tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Provide administrative support including document creation, expense reports, reimbursements, check requests, organization, and maintenance of files.
- Work on special projects as needed. May include conducting basic research and analysis of data to respond to requests.
- Interact and communicate clearly and consistently with grantees and partners in the field such as SME’s (often requiring an extra level of outreach).
Core Knowledge & Skills
- Sets priorities and meets deadlines while balancing needs of providing support for multiple individuals, including complex calendar, travel and event planning.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts and have the ability to adjust to a wide variety of working styles. The most successful person thrives in a high volume, fast-paced environment, and can work well under pressure. Must have the ability to be proactive and identify challenges and suggest solutions.
- Knowledge of foundation priorities and how they align with the goals of the department/division.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), as well as, SharePoint.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Experience with calendaring, travel arrangements, and event/meeting planning coordination
- Adept at learning new software
- Possesses good judgment, maturity, discretion, tact and a sense of humor
- Positive, collaborative approach to work
- Customer focus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems in ambiguous situations
- Ability to move forward without all the pieces
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of executive support experience
- Bachelor’s degree
*Must be able to legally work in the country where this position is located without visa sponsorship.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve the mission of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to:
* Sexual Orientation
* Gender Identity
* Gender Expression
* National Origin
* Genetic Information
* Veteran Status
* Marital Status
* Prior Protected Activity
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.