Program Coordinator, Department of State, Foreign Military Financing (FMF) and International Military Education and Training (IMET)
Dexis Consulting Group
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise? At DPS, you will experience a corporate culture of collaboration, equality, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded. Join a growing, dynamic company as we continue to expand our portfolio.
Dexis Professional Services (DPS) is a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Political–Military Affairs’, Office of Security Assistance (PM/SA) requires a Program Coordinator (PC) to support the office’s management of Foreign Military Financing (FMF) and International Military Education and Training (IMET). This position is contingent upon contract award.
The FMF/IMET Program Coordinator’s duties include the following:
- Support FMF and IMET PM/SA program officers in the budgeting and execution process of the office’s multi-billion dollar accounts, including general accounting; data entry and validation; reconciliation; and reporting from the data management systems in use.
- Draft, execute, and track the funding approval process for over $6 billion in security assistance programming annually, including the clearance process within State, the Department of Defense, and the Office of Management and Budget.
- Support FMF and IMET program officers and Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) staff, as directed, to assist with and provide budget formulation and analysis support for all PM/SA programs, and incorporating strategic planning elements as related to the Department’s various and relevant strategy documents, as well as metrics and performance measures in the budget formulation exercise.
- Perform analytical, forecasting and interpretive functions for the management and control of budgetary and financial resources, including tracking current and prior year funds for programs supported by the office.
- Perform studies and audits on control, allocation and allotment of funds throughout the year, assuring that allocations and allotments are in accordance with pertinent laws, e.g., Appropriations Laws, Foreign Assistance Act, the Arms Export Control Act, and other financial and legislative regulations.
- Make recommendations to FMF and IMET program officers to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of financial controls, and implement improvements as directed.
- At least 2-years’ experience working on budget and fiscal processes for large-scale programs, preferably with the Department of State or the Department of Defense.
- At least 4-years’ experience in budgeting with, and in-depth knowledge of, Microsoft Excel.
- At least 4-years’ experience with, and in-depth knowledge of, Microsoft Word.
- Experience providing timely narrative and data-driven responses to requests for information or reporting requests.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks and processes simultaneously.
Strong oral and written communication skills with experience presenting complex information.
Knowledge of U.S. government security assistance or security cooperation programs strongly desirable.
Experience with the Global Financial Management System, Security Cooperation Information Portal (SCIP), or the DoD Security Assistance Network (SanWeb).
Prior attendance at Defense Institute Security Cooperation University or its predecessor, the Defense Institute for Security Assistance Management.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.