Programme Director (China/HK Based)
Standard Chartered Bank
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We are preparing for the application to set up a new wholly owned entity in China.
We are looking for a candidate with strong project and stakeholder management skills to manage the application process and the subsequent establishment of the company. This will require orchestrating and working closely with teams across Standard Chartered, both in Greater China and globally (in particular, Financial Markets, Technology, COO, Compliance, Risk, and Finance).
The candidate must have experience working in a fast paced, demanding environment and have proven track record in successfully delivering large scale projects. Strong communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation are required to be successful in this role.
The Role Responsibilities
- Oversee the successful application and establishment of the new entity
- Provide oversight across all workstreams and ensure all deliverables are on track
- Manage overall project governance, including setting agenda for and facilitating steering committee and working group meetings
- Identify and escalate risks and issues; help workstreams resolve issues
- Co-drive the Technology, Organisation/ operating model, Compliance, Risk, and Financial workstream deliverables with respective leads
Our Ideal Candidate
- The ideal skill set would combine Financial market knowledge, a 'consulting toolkit' and/or project delivery skillset and 10 years of working experience
- Has knowledge of Financial Markets' products and prior experience in front office / business / operations role, or b anking consulting experience with a top tier firm and/or with strategy functions of leading banks. Greater China knowledge and experience highly valued
- Has experience leading high-profile strategic projects, such as setting up a new business or entity, and managing sponsors and stakeholders with competing priorities
- Is a strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills; capable of identifying and interpreting a wide range of issues, and a 'big picture' understanding
- Has exceptional organisational, problem solving and written / verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a relatively unstructured, project-based and multi-cultural environment
- Is resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Has excellent problem solving and root cause identification skills - methodical and thorough
- Must be a highly-motivated and energetic team player; able to work collaboratively and motivate others to achieve high standards
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese. Fluent in Mandarin
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.