Programs Volunteer - Work from Home
- Act for Peace is a dynamic humanitarian aid and development agency
- Workplace benefits:
- Some flexibility in working hours
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Be part of an experienced and friendly team of professionals
- Volunteer two days fixed term: August - September 2020 (8 weeks)
- Location: Working remotely from home, in the Sydney timezone
- Act for Peace are committed to recruiting a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and peoples from other ethnic minorities, for all positions
Today, there are more refugees, asylum seekers and displaced people worldwide than at any time since World War II. That's more than 65 million people forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and disaster. It's a terrible injustice. And one that we can, and must, overcome. We believe that when people all over the world work together, big changes really are possible. That's why we've made it our mission to act in partnership with other passionate people, like you, across the globe to achieve safety, justice and dignity in communities threatened by conflict and disaster. We don't think there's any task more important
Since 1949 our supporters have provided food, shelter, education, healthcare and training to help the world's most vulnerable prepare for, cope with and recover from crisis. Together we're tackling the root causes of injustice, and are building a brighter future for everyone. We hope that you'll join us in this vital mission.
The purpose of this position is to gain experience working in international development and humanitarian aid through providing administration and auxiliary support to the Partnership and Programs Department to help achieve safety, justice and dignity in communities threatened by conflicts, disasters and displacement.
This role will focus on the following tasks:
Case studies regarding impact of programs
- Read partner reports and identify stories of change and impact
- Create case studies from these stories, in liaison with the relevant partner focal point
Showcasing and describing an existing program regarding unregistered Syrian refugees in Jordan
- Develop a context analysis of Jordan as it relates to Syrian refugees, and of Syria as it relates to prospects for reintegration
- Write partner and organisational profiles
- Develop other pieces of documentation to showcase and describe the existing program as requested by the Program Manager
- An understanding of, and interest in, international development and humanitarian work ideally including refugee programming
- Strong writing, and reading comprehension, skills in English
- Attention to detail and a thorough approach to work
This role will report to the Programs Manager (Protection) Sharon Edington, and will also work closely with the Performance Effectiveness Manager, Meg Laufer.
Applications on a rolling basis, will be considered as received.
For our full Policies set please see: http://www.actforpeace.org.au/our-policies
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.