Project Developer - ERCOT
Geronimo Energy, a National Grid company
Geronimo Energy, a National Grid Company, is a full-service renewable energy company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Geronimo has developed over 2,400 megawatts of wind and solar projects that are either operational or currently under construction throughout the United States. Geronimo has a multi-gigawatt development pipeline of wind and solar projects in various stages of development throughout the United States. Geronimo provides custom solutions for utilities and corporations looking to harness renewable energy for business growth. With deep roots in agriculture, Geronimo prides itself on developing renewable energy projects that are farmer-friendly, community-driven, and beneficial for rural communities.
The Senior Developer’s mission is to ensure that Geronimo is developing opportunities consistent with Geronimo’s return expectations and corporate direction. The role will be critical in directing the company towards the right markets, project types and offtake targets. This role will be responsible for leading Geronimo’s development efforts in ERCOT.
- Directly manage and lead project development, including site acquisition and negotiation.
- Lead the company in targeting; and evaluating markets to identify greenfield developments, M&A; and partnership opportunities in the ERCOT.
- Provide direction towards priority markets and opportunities.
- Work with the commercial and finance teams to prepare financial models, evaluate new technologies, and prepare compelling solutions for customers.
- Represent Geronimo Energy with federal, state and local officials, regulators, utilities, RTOs, and other stakeholders throughout the project development process.
- Work with the permitting department to manage state, federal, and local permitting efforts and approval processes for utility-scale electric generation projects.
- Be a professional company representative and face of Geronimo’s projects.
- Interface with the engineering and construction teams to ensure that projects are deliverable, considerate of site characteristics, and on-budget.
- Interpret technical engineering and environmental reports and studies to determine project impact and pertinence towards application requirements.
- Provide reports to management including updates on project status and changes to regulations.
- Develop engineering estimates, scopes, and project schedules as well as coordinate or oversee the negotiation of service agreements.
- Interface with the engineering and construction teams to ensure that the project remains within budget and on schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of project development experience in renewable energy.
- Willingness to work with and manage relationships with landowners and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of energy markets.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on large scale utility energy development projects.
- Experience with contract management and negotiation.
- Exposure to project financing.
- Ability to work remotely and build Geronimo’s presence in the Southeast.
- Creative thinker
- Loyal and committed to the organization
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.