Project Manager - Keystone XL
Project Manager - Keystone XL
Reference Code: 72143
Location: United States (US) - Houston, TX
Job Category: Project Management
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 07/31/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Reporting to the Manager, Keystone XL US, this position is part of a team responsible for bidding and managing the construction of multiple pump station facilities and pipeline spreads across multiple states. You will execute projects within the liquids pipeline business unit. You will work closely with Engineering, Construction Services and various other internal groups in the Houston Head Office and within the Operating Regions.
What you’ll do
- Multiple site visits to promote the alignment of TC Energy and Contractor's safety culture
- Coordinating resources for emergency situations
- Providing technical guidance to junior Project Managers
- Lead the preparation of construction bid packages and associated scopes of work, appendices, and exhibits
- Oversee the construction bid process, including bid meetings, bid clarifications and addendums, bid evaluations, shortlist negotiations, and contract award
- Oversee the proper onboarding of construction contractors and third-party inspection personnel
- Lead a team that manages day to day construction activities
- Ensure contractor Requests for Information (RFIs) are collected and routed for appropriate approval in a timely fashion
- Handle all Change Order Request Notifications (CORNs) and other commercial issues in a fair, diligent, and timely fashion
- Responsible for safe, compliant, on-budget, and on-schedule delivery of facility construction
- Ensure appropriate and timely project reporting occurs throughout the project execution lifecycle
- Identify and communicate various risks associated with all stages of asset life cycle
- Communicating recommendations to management and other effected parties in a way that facilitates favorable project outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the numerous department stakeholders' expectations and expert contributions and how they can contribute to the project success
- Following all aspects of the project management principles with specific emphasis on:
- Key stakeholder expectations
- Communication plans
- Risk management plans
- Change control and escalation plans
- Resource plans
- Procurement plans that includes contract development
- Schedules and budgets,
- Preparation of formal reports
- Lead in the continuing development of company Project Management tools and processes
- Other tasks as required
- Requires a relevant University degree
- 6 or more years of relevant industry experience in development and execution of major capital oil and gas infrastructure projects and 5 or more years of experience as a project manager
- Recognized Project Management training with PMP certification is preferred
- Professional Engineering License (PE) is a plus
- Knowledge and working experience with applicable US codes/standards for facility design/construction
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to provide and present timely and relevant feedback/reporting to various stakeholders
- Exercise leadership and teamwork with various internal and external stakeholders without formal authority
- Demonstrated success working in a complex, geographically-dispersed team environment
- Ability to quickly understand new processes and related issues
- Excellent computer skills - experience Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
About our Business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 4,900-kilometre (3,000-mile) liquids pipeline system connects growing continental oil supplies to key markets and refineries. The Keystone Pipeline System delivers approximately 20 per cent of western Canadian exports to key refinery markets in the U.S. Midwest and Gulf Coast, where it is converted into fuel and other useful petroleum products
Apply to this posting by 07/31/2020 using reference code 72143. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Thank you for choosing to grow your career with TC Energy.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* Consistent with our employment practices, we reserve the right to consider the cost of relocation when making internal hiring decisions.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.