Project Manager MHE (MassHealth Embedded)
Minimum Salary US-MA-Boston
Job Location 5 months ago(2/7/2020 3:55 PM)
Requisition Number 2018-31218
# of Openings 1
Posted Date Day
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Director or designee, the Project Manager is responsible for supporting enterprise-wide projects. The Project Manager will assist the Director in leading and documenting project activities, and may lead sub-components of a Project. The Project Manager is also responsible for planning and coordinating project related activities of small and medium size projects that will vary in scope including the management of resources in a matrix environment. The Project Manager will develop and implement projects while adhering to UMMS's Project Management guidelines.
For at least the first year, this position will be assigned to work directly with MassHealth on its broad payment and care delivery reform agenda, working directly with MassHealth staff. See for more information on this reform agenda.
* Manage and develop large projects from the ideas generation and feasibility stage to the project implementation
* May perform initial feasibility study prior to the formalization of a project
* Develop and maintain effective and efficient oral and written communication with the project's sponsor and steering committee
* Assess the necessary skill sets and competencies required and ensure that they exist within the team assigned to accomplish project objectives. Identify, recommend specific resource requirements, and/or training requirements
* Communicate with all appropriate parties to ensure that the project's objectives, scope, and required and expected deliverables of each project phase are understood
* Responsible for ensuring that each team member understands their specific role on the team, and associated responsibilities
* Lead an assembled project team in effectively addressing the client's requirements according to the project's schedule and approved budget. Through project team members, responsible for developing project schedule and budget for approval.
* Document and maintain current: project work plan, meetings, decisions, work change orders, project deliverables, progress reports, schedules, cost tracking reports, and other pertinent reports
* Participate in the development, enhancement, and implementation of Project Management standards, policies, procedures, and metrics that include change management, controls, and reports to attain compliance
* Facilitate communication of the project's status, budget, costs, issues, and related information to the project's team leaders, project sponsor, steering committee, affected business unit(s), and team members as appropriate
* Support the department in audit reviews of completed projects, to review whether project met expectations and to identify potential areas for improvement. Documents results of audit and recommendations
* Ensure that common solutions are found and implemented for common problems across all projects
* Assist the project's sponsor in refining the project scope and objectives, including any constraints
* Manage special projects, project and/or vendor evaluations, feasibility studies and other activities related to business development within defined time lines as assigned
* Manage project staff
* Assemble appropriate staff to project teams to support project goals
* Keep abreast of current and developing trends and health care administration in order to guide and advise clients regarding their information needs
* Assist the Director in the development of contracts
* Provide support to the department in the development of strategic planning
* Participate in the Continuous Quality Improvement program
* Performs other job related duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in management, Health Care, Business Administration, or equivalent experience
* 5 years of demonstrated experience in project management
* Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with staff, clients, and vendor staff
* Ability to lead and direct a matrix project team, as well as the ability to lead and direct effective meetings and work sessions
* Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to travel to off-site locations.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.