Project Officer, Neuroscience and Neural Tissue Engineering Research
NANYANG TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
The School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering invites applications for the position of Project Officer.
The focus of this position is on understanding and directing the response and functionality of primary neuronal and glial cells by engineered tissue scaffolds for neural tissue engineering and regeneration applications. The Project Officer will focus on using novel tissue scaffold designs and non-viral drug/gene delivery methods for directing neural cell response with a long-term goal of implementing these measures for spinal cord injury treatment.
- Carry out nerve injury microsurgery in rodents (Peripheral and central nervous system)
- Isolate primary neural cells from peripheral and central nervous systems of rodents
- Carry out rodent behavioral tests and neuronal tract tracing
- Carry out biomaterial delivery and scaffold implantation in rodents
- Collect and analyze experimental data, as well as write and publish manuscripts
- Mentor and train junior lab members
- Bachelor level scientist with strong scientific background in neuroscience and no less than 3 years of relevant research experience
- Expertise in primary neuron and glial cell isolation and culture, characterization of cells with western blotting, immunostaining, RT-PCR, fluorescent microscopy (confocal) imaging, functional assays
- Neuro/glial biologist, experienced with neural tissue organotypic culture expertise and in vitro assays is a plus
- Strong ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form, and experienced in writing manuscripts
- Strong organizational skills and proactive personality with outstanding motivation, creativity, critical and analytical thinking skills, strong scientific commitment and ability to work as a team
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.