Project Scheduler- Principal
Job ID: 2012126
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2020
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an immediate opening for top talent to join our team supporting a DHS component CWMD as a full-time Scheduler. The successful applicant will perform both independently and in a team-based environment to develop schedules that include a listing of a milestones, activities, and deliverables and be responsible for schedule management through the entire project and program life cycle.
- Interact with various project teams to develop and maintain detailed, integrated schedule for Customer
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance; identify and communicate issues and variance from baseline schedule
- Develop and provide period schedule briefings and status reports to keep Customer informed on program / project progress
- Coordinate/interface with other organizations to flow/roll-up the schedule into higher-level and or integrated schedule(s)
- Interact regularly with personnel working other Systems Engineering disciplines (e.g., requirements, risk, etc.) to ensure appropriate updates
- Participate with other stakeholder team members to maintain efficient and effective change management processes, procedures and systems
- Track and update schedules based on the progress of work being performed
- Assist program / project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on program / project progress.
- Apply DCMA’s 14 point schedule health assessment.
Bachelors and five (10) years or more experience; or nine (14) years of experience in lieu of a degree; Masters and three (8) years or more experience; PhD and 6 years related experience
- Knowledge developing, implementing, and maintaining schedules
- Microsoft Project and Project Server proficiency to include schedule planning, schedule development, and schedule analysis
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Experience in DHS detection systems and DoD acquisition and program management processes.
- Experience posting schedule management information on project portals that contain project information and document repositories
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.