Property Consultant (RAB)
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
See yourself in our team:
Business Banking Risk Management (BB RM) provides the Business Banking (BB) team with specialist risk services and advice. The BB Property Risk team is a specialist national credit function within BB RM established to assess and decision property related credit submissions across Australia. Your team, the Property Advisory Services (PAS) is a specialist team within the BB Property Risk.
Do work that matters:
Within your role, you will be accountable for the development, maintenance and governance of the Bank’s Panel of Rural Property Valuers and other Property Consultants to ensure they are fit for purpose and meet the needs of BB, with a focus on the Regional & Agribusiness Banking (RAB”) team nationally.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Provision of research, monitoring and overview of the rural property markets, interpretation of and input to Bank policy, credit monitoring and overview, operational risk management, and training and guidance for the BB & RAB Risk and frontline teams.
- Provision of rural property consultancy advice to credit officers and relationship managers on the suitability of valuations and other consultants reports for deal origination, transactions and ongoing reliance (nationally)
- Liaise with senior lending staff and relationship managers to add value and assist in deal structuring and assessment of rural property lending proposals.
- Quality control of the banks rural valuation panel by undertaking regular and ongoing valuation audits and hind sighting.
- Contribution to the on-going improvement of BB by embodying an ethos of continuous improvement and innovation, including actively looking for opportunities to improve and simplify policies, procedures and systems, and thinking outside the box to provide world class service and outcomes to our stakeholders.
- Develop and sustain effective business relationships with key clients and counterparties (Internal and External);
- Represent the Bank with key Industry bodies such as the API & RICS, including involvement in working groups as appropriate. Maintain as a minimum Associate Membership with CPV from the API (or equivalent);
We’re interested in hearing from people who:
You will have high level rural property industry knowledge with extensive demonstrated experience in valuation.
You will have a proven thorough understanding of regulatory environment and relevant rural industry matters which might impact on external and internal credit environments affecting credit quality, and recommend appropriate changes to system and/or policies.
Whether you’re passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we’re driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you’ll thrive. You’ll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We’re determined to make a real difference for Australia’s first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.