Property Manager - New Development
FirstService Residential is looking for a Property Manager to join our New Development Group based out of Manhattan. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the daily management of a portfolio of luxury cooperative and condominium hi-rise properties.
- Oversee all aspects of building management.
- Act as liaison between Board of Directors, tenants and Company.
- Work with Board of Directors in establishing bylaws and regulations for building when necessary; i.e: a new development
- Responsible for leading Board of Director meetings by keeping focus on the agenda created.
- Prepare Board meeting minutes in a timely and professional fashion.
- Submit board meeting "agenda packages" to Boards as required but at least five days prior to meetings.
- Responsible for handling emergencies and crisis management.
- Supervision and training of building staff members (union and non-union).
- Conduct thorough interviews for potential building open positions. Responsible for the coordination of background and drug tests of potential new hires.
- Conduct and manage adequate training of new staff members, as well as the ongoing training of existing staff.
- Impose progressive disciplinary action if and when required.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of building staff work schedules.
- Conduct periodic staff performance evaluations. Develop improvement strategies for the performance of building staff members.
- Monitor the cash and reserve funds of the property.
- Responsible for final review of operating statements and monthly financial reports.
- Actively participate in budget preparation.
- Assist the property accountant in the presentation of the annual budget to the Board of Directors.
- Keep track of property financial variance reports.
- Constantly seek, evaluate, and execute methods to achieve methods to preserve client cash and capital.
- Responsible for overseeing building repairs and apartment alterations.
- Approve payment of vendor invoices via accounts payable software, Avidxchange.
- Diligently monitor and take appropriate action on delinquent tenant/shareholder owner accounts.
- Ensure that all building permits, licenses, and etc. are compliant with state and local rules and regulations.
- Responsible for taking immediate action to resolve new violations.
- Ensure that old violations of record are resolved on a timely basis.
- Ensure implementation of security and safety safeguards and procedures for portfolio of properties managed.
- Perform daily routine property inspections to ensure building safety, maintenance, cleanliness, etc.
- Responsible for the communication of mechanical/building deficiencies and issues with building staff and other appropriate parties involved.
- Identify, discuss, plan, and negotiate with vendors to complete all necessary capital improvement projects.
- Responsible for requiring proper vendor insurance with BCS.
- Responsible for the maintenance requirements of the properties' physical plants, i.e. boiler conversions, HVAC, etc.
- Interface with all internal department personnel (accounting, compliance, closings, etc.).
- Maintain and organize electronic and paper tenant and building files.
- Respond to all communications (phone, email, etc.) in a timely and professional manner.
- Be familiar with critical provisions of client management contracts.
- Promote ancillary services (e.g. construction management, energy, sales and mortgage brokerage, etc.).
- Maintain substantial compliance and follow Property Management Best Practices, particularly FSRconnect.
- Load tasks onto the resident/building database, FSRconnect, in Task Administration within 48 hours of any board or annual meeting.
- Email supervisor within 24 hours of a board or annual meeting with a succinct description of the general tone of the meeting.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Certifications desired.
- Five (5) + years experience in New York City luxury residential condominium and cooperative property management.
- A demonstrated ability to supervise staff and make necessary management decisions on a timely basis.
- Must have superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a high energy attitude and an ability to multi-task different projects at any given time.
- Strong analytical, organizational and managerial skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows environment necessary.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager, Avidxchange, ClickPay is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.