Psychologist (Pearland Campus)
University of Houston-Clear Lake
The Psychologist provides counseling services, assessment, crisis intervention, and outreach services to students, and consultation and outreach to faculty and staff in regard to student problems at the UHCL-Pearland campus. Provides supervision to psychologists in training.
- Provides counseling services to students including; brief individual personal counseling, couples counseling, group counseling, and crisis intervention services for psychological crises on campus. Conducts assessment of students to determine the nature of their problems and provides treatment recommendations. Maintains appropriate confidential files of counseling clients. Covers required evening and weekend hours. On call duties as backup for Protocol after-hours crisis service.
- Supervises psychology and counseling trainees in practicum and internship placements. Provides structured training seminar for practicum and internship programs.
- Plans and implements displays, workshops, seminars, and other structured psycho-educational and outreach programs designed to enhance personal development. Markets counseling services to students through participation in orientation, class visits, and other university events.
- Participates in peer review, case conference, and professional development continuing education activities to maintain and enhance skills, learn new knowledge and skills, maintain license, and contribute to the counseling profession. Participates in assessment procedures to maintain and improve services provided to students.
- Meets with faculty to provide information on services and provides consultation to faculty, as needed. Works with university staff to develop human relations skills in dealing with students and their problems and performs other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology awarded by September 30, 2020.
- Experience providing counseling and assessment services to adults.
- Experience working with a college student population of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience supervising psychology interns and practicum trainees in higher education.
- Must be licensed within 15 months of start date as a Psychologist in the State of Texas.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with students, faculty, staff, and the community. Ability to relate empathetically, effectively, and consistently with diverse population. Sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Solid understanding and application of counseling and assessment skills.
- Ability to supervise and train students in psychology and counseling.
- Knowledge of issues relevant to college students.
- Ability to develop, organize, facilitate, and evaluate programs.
- Clear precise and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to utilize database software used for office procedures and clinical record keeping.
- Two years full time employment in a college counseling center.
- Successful completion of APA accredited academic program and doctoral internship.
- Currently licensed or eligible for immediate licensure as a Psychologist in the state of Texas.
Notes to Applicant: Full-time position with benefits. Background check required. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a resume and cover letter. Applications without the required documents will be considered incomplete and disqualified. Applications must be received before close of business on 7/23/2020 for full consideration.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
University of Houston-Clear Lake is An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Supporting Workplace Diversity
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.