PUBLIC FINANCE - Associate
The Public Finance Group seeks to hire an Associate with Public Finance experience for a banking position in our New York office in the Higher Education Finance Group. The Public Finance Group, located in the Firm’s CIB, provides creative solutions for the complex financing needs of the firm’s public sector clients throughout the United States. Clients include state and local governments, housing finance agencies, non-profit healthcare organizations, higher education and cultural institutions and other entities that issue tax-exempt debt. Client teams are based regionally and by industry sectors (Affordable Housing, Infrastructure, Healthcare, Higher Education, Energy and Environmental, etc.). Bankers in the Public Finance Group are exposed to all aspects of the capital markets by working closely with sales & trading, syndicate, debt capital markets and credit desks for prospective and live transactions.
Key Responsibilities and Role Include:
- Work closely with senior Public Finance professionals to support their day-to-day activities on assignments that may include preparing presentation material for client meetings, preparing RFP responses and creating client memos
- Interact with professionals in other areas of the firm to facilitate presentations, RFP responses and execute bond transactions
- Develop customized financial models using Excel to develop customized bond financing structures
- Execute municipal bond financings for all issues in which J.P. Morgan participates which will require interacting with all areas of Public Finance, including Debt Capital Markets, various syndicate desks, credit origination, derivatives and investor marketing
- Participate in client presentations, as required
- Join in various internal department activities and compliance training
We are looking for a candidate with excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills. Previous work experience with Public Finance or Municipal Capital Markets experience at an investment bank or financial advisory firm is required. You should be adaptable, able to manage projects independently and ready to assume a high level of responsibility as a member of a team. You should also be able to work well under pressure in a demanding environment, producing accurate, detailed materials while meeting tight deadlines. Candidates should also have a well-rounded academic background with coursework in finance or economics and be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Candidates should demonstrate academic strength, strong teamwork, communication skills and a high energy level. An undergraduate or higher degree from a competitive university is required.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.