QA/BA - 9mth Fixed Term Contract
WHAT WE DO/WHO WE ARE
Total Synergy creates project management software for people who design and make our built environment (architects, engineers, construction designers).
We've been making software for our customers since 1999 - originally an on-premise application, now a pure cloud SaaS product built on Microsoft Azure cloud technologies.
We're currently the preferred software for our industry in Australia with a 15,000+ user community. We're growing that community globally and now have an office and teammates in the UK and new customers on five continents. You can help grow our community further by working to turn users into advocates.
You will be instrumental in integrating quality assurance (QA) into the requirements analysis process in order to ensure that all product development activities satisfy business objectives and user expectations. Your role extends beyond traditional QA responsibilities and incorporates some BA work. In addition to software testing, you will be required to demonstrate a high degree of problem-solving and analytical skills and take a strategic, deliberate approach to product development and testing.
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- Two to four years of solid QA experience with existing experience as a QA/BA or a desire to work within the QA/BA space.
- Effectively understand and translate business needs into product requirements with clear, concise and testable user stories
- Knowledge in QA process flows and best practices
- Experience in manual testing and experienced writing test plans and reporting on test plan progress
- An ability to be a technical domain expert for the product (BA) analysing and documenting requirements
- Experience with API's, HTML/CSS/SQL and TFS
- Comfortable dealing with business stakeholders and internal customers as required
- Able to work both independently and within a collaborative environment
- Energy and passion for your work, a sense of fun and enjoyment for what can be achieved
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including conversing with both end-users and technical teams across all levels within the organisation
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Experience working within a SaaS-based environment
- Experience testing practice management software
- Experience in data migration projects
- Technical writing experience
WHAT WILL MAKE YOUR FIRST YEAR A STANDOUT
- Happily integrating into the team and culture
- Writing user stories for new features
- Accurately testing and releasing multiple system components within fast-paced sprint cycles
- Becoming a functional expert of the product
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Total Synergy is a group of people-centred by a great culture. Above all else, we're looking for people who want to be part of the group. We have meaningful values, a hardworking and supportive team, and a vision that is focused on growing our community of users around the world.
We are a jeans and t-shirt company, family-friendly, transparent and open, generally quite nerdy, and supportive of each other. We're based in a very cool, custom-designed office in central North Sydney - close to transport and services, surrounded by lots of eateries, drinking holes, and shops - and we've earned a few perks along the way, like barista coffee, well-stocked drinks fridge, cool tees, professional development resources, working-from-home opportunities, and lots more.
FINAL OFFICIAL BITS
To apply you must currently be a permanent Australian resident, living in Australia. You MUST send a COVER LETTER AND CV (cover letter is mandatory, we won't read your CV without one).
If you are passionate about developing market-leading software and want to work with people who care about what they do, help each other grow, and focus on the best experience for their customers, then please apply below.
All discussions and emails will be treated as highly confidential to protect your privacy.
No recruiters, please, we're happy to handle this one in-house.
Apply for this Job
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.