QA/System Test Lead
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With over 160 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks. One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2018,2019) - recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2018,2019) - identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow's clean technology challenges
Who you are:
As the System Test Lead at Semios, you will be tasked with owning the testing strategy within Engineering, building and leading a team (local and remote), and ensuring proper end-to-end test coverage of the products at Semios. You are collaborative and passionate about ensuring the reliability of products through testing. You are excited by the opportunity to help us develop and scale this important area of our business and will thrive both with influencing others and doing aspects yourself.
What you will do:
- Design an overall testing strategy for Semios including, designing processes, implementation of standards and creation of a workforce plan to support the priorities
- Collaborate with senior leaders, product management, project management and other team leads to shape and implement the testing strategy
- Create and manage a diverse testing team (local/remote and internal/3rd party) by
- Participating in recruitment activities
- Overseeing 3rd party test providers
- Mentoring team members in problem-solving approaches, tools and best practices.
- Providing regular performance feedback to enable employee development and goal achievement
- Participate in System Testing Architecture design and implementation
- Partner with stakeholders to define and measure testing based KPIs for Engineering
- Ensure a high level of operational excellence for Semios products through testing. You'll be in charge of testing our:
- Web and mobile applications
- Firmware that runs on our IoT Devices
- Data Infrastructure that drives Data Analytics, Research and Semios' data-driven Agriculture products
- Advise and collaborate with developers in Engineering on how to best leverage and incorporate testing into their workflows
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- 3+ years of experience managing and building a test organization, ideally within a data-driven company
- 5+ years of experience in software testing, manual and automated
- Experience with developing test infrastructure for data-driven commercial products
- Strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation, ideally in a continuous delivery environment
- Proven expertise in creating test methodologies and writing test plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills (i.e. leading, coaching, supervising and mentoring).
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of comfort with ambiguity and autonomy, you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done and getting it done
- Experience with, or interest in learning, testing within at least one cloud computing platform (AWS, GCP, MS Azure, etc)
Nice to have:
- Degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science or Engineering
- Familiarity with managing 3rd party testing providers
Why this is the opportunity for you
You enjoy solving meaningful and interesting real-life puzzles, plus you want:
- To sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- To work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- To use the latest, and best, tech for the job
- A competitive salary and stock options
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.