QCFS Manufacturing VN
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference. We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We
Have the Power to Win. We currently have an excellent opportunity for Quality Control Floor Staff at our Vancouver, WA manufacturing plant! Under general supervision, this position performs specialized and routine production inspection activities according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements. This positions is available on our 3rd Shift which works Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The base rate for this position is $15.60 per hour plus 3rd shift receives a $0.50 per hour shift differential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Providing assistance for all questions regarding quality defects.
- Auditing all areas for quality and GMP conformance.
- Ensuring batch documentation is filled out according to requirements.
- Updating and completing documentation and logs as required, including observation reports.
- Photocopying, sorting, and/or filing documents or reports as requested.
- Informing Quality Control (QC) Shift Lead or Manager on all personnel issues.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to the QC procedures as needed.
- Performing the following according to exact established procedures:
- Equipment checks
- Weight checks
- Facility sanitation
- Pack out quality
- Lot and Code dates
- Demonstrating a working knowledge of production equipment (processing and pack out equipment) and its related impact to overall quality.
- Identifying urgent quality situations, assessing the nature of the problem then containing, resolving, or recommending action quickly.
- Ensuring all personnel in the clean rooms and production areas are wearing the proper attire.
- Ensuring proper cleaning is performed prior to next production run.
- Ensuring the line clearance inspection is performed and documented before each production run and inspecting the production area to ensure that all components from previous run are removed before another production run is started.
- Checking the Equipment
Use Log to ensure it is correctly and completely filled out before each production run.
- Verifying that the components match on the
Work Order, Bill of Materials (BOM), and actual kit.
- Stopping the lines immediately if a discrepancy is found, contacts the QC Shift Lead or Manager and helping to perform an investigation.
- Pulling quality samples, in a sanitary manner, at all applicable production steps which include but is not limited to hot vitamin slurry as well as bulk product.
- Calibrating or verifying all quality equipment.
- Monitoring the dry rooms using a basic understanding of the SCADA system.
- Performing other duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma, GED, and/or any equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Previous QC experience in an FDA regulated industry preferred. A basic understanding of the SCADA system for dry room monitoring is required. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to analyze complex quality system requirements and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative documentation.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to detect quality problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, and establish facts rather than opinions.
- Ability to comply with standards and procedures.
- Good understanding of 21 CFR 111 GMP for Dietary Supplements and NSF -ANSI 173.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire.
- Moderate physical activity, requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
- Annual Current
Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Annual Safety Training
- Battery Acid -MSDS
- Code of Conduct
- Role specific training as indicated in the plant Training Tracker and/or Safety Matrix
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- Vitamin D3 in Corn Oil - MSDS Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at Church & Dwight is a world-leader in household and personal care products. Our global brands include ARM & HAMMER, Batiste, OxiClean, Trojan, XTRA, Nair, First Response, Spinbrush, Orajel, vitafusion, Li'l Critters, Water Pik and FLAWLESS. Founded in 1846, we have operations globally and are listed in the S & P 500.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.