Quality Laboratory Technician
Kelly Services US
General Summary: This position will perform routine quality inspections to ensure conformance to specifications and provide assistance to Operation, Product Development Chemist with early development of new products as well as modifications to improve existing formulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform incoming inspections on raw materials
- Inspect and record incoming buy-out products and subcontracted products as required.
- Operate laboratory equipment to perform physical property testing on manufactured liquid products and determine conformance to specifications.
- Identify quality deviation issues and make recommendations for batch adjustments.
- Review batch documentations, deviations and investigations up to product release.
- Verify Manufacturing set-ups and Production bottling line set-ups as required.
- Carry out product application testing as required to ensure consistent performance of existing products and to assist in the evaluation of prototype formulations.
- Maintain retain samples.
- Maintain Quality documents including Incoming Inspection Sheets and CoA’s.
- Establish and maintain electronic records for all Quality test data.
- Participate in and support Management Review Board investigations
- Provide monthly data as it relates to the Quality Department’s performance.
- Participate in the Raw Material Approval process and maintain documentation.
- Assist with the disposition of off-spec products, raw materials and excess inventory.
- Assist the Product Development Chemist with mixing lab scale samples for application and testing.
- Record experiments in a Laboratory Notebook in an accurate manner.
- Become knowledgeable with the hazards associated with the chemicals used, follow safety policy and wear appropriate PPE.
- Work in conjunction with other departments as needed.
- Review and assist with record keeping and documentation pertaining to QC & Operation.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess good interpersonal skills
- College desirable, preferably in a scientific discipline or related field
- Strong PC skills and experience verifying pH levels, ratios, temperature and collecting data
- ISO experience desirable
- Quality Laboratory environment
Hourly Rate - 18-20 houly
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.