Quantitative Analyst Asset Allocation Analyst
One Company Many Careers!
State Farm Investment Planning Services (IPS) is seeking a Quantitative Analyst
- Asset Allocation Analyst in its State Farm Investment Management unit (SFIM).
Reporting to the head of SFIM, you will provide quantitative research and asset
allocation analysis in support of State Farm's newly-created Advisory model
portfolios. Under the guidance of the team lead, you will lead the development
and enhancement of SFIM quantitative processes and infrastructure for asset
allocation (strategic/tactical), capital market assumptions (development/
management), portfolio construction and risk management of State Farm Advisory
model portfolios. In this position, you will also support the formation of
investment outlook, content and advisor/agent education; supporting the
quantitative due diligence and fiduciary oversight responsibilities of various
IPS investment/product platforms. Some travel to SF Agent offices and
conferences nationwide may be required for this role. When not traveling, this
person will work from State Farm's Dallas office.
* Develops and maintains Strategic & Tactical Asset Allocation for State
Farm Advisory Model Portfolios by evaluating various inputs: capital
market assumptions (CMAs), relative value between asset classes,
portfolio optimization, Monte Carlo simulation, factor modeling, return/
risk attribution, and current market conditions
* Collaborates with team lead(s) to complete asset allocation and portfolio
construction research projects including fundamental, quantitative, and
statistical analysis of asset classes in order to provide analytical
support in the development and enhancement of State Farm Advisory model
* Serves as subject matter resource on investment models, systems and
software (i.e. proprietary and 3rd party)
* Lead/support in the generation and maintenance of SFIM investment
reports, data sets, performance reporting (i.e. SF models) and broader
* Collaborates with team members and internal IPS departments to execute
SFIM & IPS publications and collaterals on a periodic (i.e. weekly,
monthly, quarterly) and ad hoc basis
* Engages with internal stakeholders and external audiences representing
Advisory solutions and views, including meetings (agents, prospects,
customers) and presentations (seminars, webinars, etc.)
Office Location (Dallas, TX) where we work hard AND play hard!
At State Farm, we also offer a wide array of development opportunities and a
bright, fresh work environment at CityLine DFW.
Our campus is conveniently located near the local transit and we have several
restaurants on campus.
* Bachelor's degree is required.
* 3+ years of experience in asset management and/or wealth management (i.e.
Asset Allocation, Portfolio Management, or Research capacity).
* 3+ years of direct experience in or related to multi-asset portfolio
management, asset allocation and/or quantitative investment research.
* 3+ years of direct experience in designing, implementing and testing
quantitative models for multi-asset investment portfolios.
* Meaningful knowledge/direct experience in at least three of the following
areas is required: strategic/tactical asset allocation formation; capital
market assumption development; portfolio optimization methods; factor
risk/return modeling; Monte Carlo simulation. Knowledge of insurance
products/industry is a plus.
* Detailed knowledge of securities including but not limited to stocks,
bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, SMAs, alternative investments, and options
* Solid knowledge of investment advisory business including advisory
* A self-starter with the ability to own initiatives and work in a dynamic/
start-up -like team environment.
* Completion of or progress towards the CFA charter or comparable
designation or a commitment to obtain the CFA in the future.
* FINRA Series 7 and 66 required, or will be required to achieve
registrations in a short period of time of hire.
* Master's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, financial engineering
or a related quantitative field is preferred.
* 3+ years of direct experience with third-party investment and risk
management systems/tools. (i.e. MSCI Barra, Bloomberg, Morningstar
* 2+ years of experience in investment strategy/manager due diligence, open
architecture and oversight of traditional and alternative investment
* Programming skills desirable: C++, Python, Matlab, etc. Proven ability to
develop complex data models in Excel preferred.
* Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the
interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
* Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S.
immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work
authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
* Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money,
* Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
* Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and
* A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee
Development, and more!
* 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG
* Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right,
we trust you...
* We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the
right thing to do!
* Learn more about our benefits at State_Farm_Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life
Come join our passionate team!
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.