Quilt Division - Brand Director / Superior Threads
A PREMIER NEEDLE ARTS COMPANY
Vancouver, WA / Quilting - Merchandising and Product Development / Full Time, On-Site
For thirty years Crafts Group has been making crafts accessible to everyone through quality products and engaging content. Today, Crafts Group is home to four thriving brands that serve quilters, knitters, crocheters, and sewists through print catalogs and content-rich e-commerce sites. Our core mission (and passion) is to inspire and enable people to create beautiful things.
The handmade movement is growing worldwide and becoming increasingly relevant to the values our society holds dear. Here in the US, were leading this growth. We source the best quality yarns, fabrics, threads, and other supplies so that crafters can do what they do best: create. We give crafters the tools they need to support their handmade lifestyle.
Our close-knit teams for all four brands are headquartered just across the river from Portland, OR. Located ten minutes from the Portland Airport, our Vancouver office is a supportive and creative environment in a newly renovated work space. If you value community, creativity, and all things handmade, this is the place for you.
Crafts Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a company that represents the craft communities we serve. We welcome employees of all backgrounds and perspectives, and we are committed to providing an inclusive working environment.
THE CHALLENGE AND THE OPPORTUNITY
Crafts Groups Direct to Consumer (DTC) Quilt Division houses two of the industrys most highly regarded DTC quilting brands, Connecting Threads and Superior Threads. These brands serve quilters far and wide with the highest quality products on the market via e-commerce, catalog mailings, and consumer shows. As our Superior Threads (ST) Brand Director, youll be working for the Superior Threads brand. Superior Threads is an industry-leading thread brand, sold through DTC and wholesale channels.
As our Superior Threads Brand Director, you will be in charge of driving the brands revenue through its three primary channels: DTC, wholesale, and consumer quilting shows. You will bring experience and expertise in e-commerce and brand strategy to this role, and you will become deeply invested in the ST brand vision. You are a curious, creative thinker who recognizes trends in the industry and is always looking for ways to improve, promote, and grow your brand.
You will be responsible for the overall revenue for the brand, driven by but not limited to product development, and product line up. Youll work closely with the DTC Quilt Divisions Marketing Brand Director to develop brand strategy, marketing, and brand aesthetic.
You will oversee brand staff and in collaboration with the Human Resource Director, manage the departments employment cycle including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, training, performance, development, coaching and separation.
Your development and direction in all components of your work are driven by a developed understanding of what our core customer wants to buy from us, and is informed by careful and ongoing analysis of our sales and web activity data, and competitor analysis.
You already know excellent, on-target work happens collaboratively, and you will work closely with the Marketing Brand Manager, who works from the overall merchandising strategy to develop marketing initiatives. You will also work closely with our purchasing team, and the DTC Quilt Divisions sister brands.
This position may involve travel to industry events such as trade and consumer shows.
Within 1 month, you will:
* Youll understand our sales channels and how they work in tandem to grow brand recognition and revenue.
* Learn how our teams work together to execute our production and processes.
* Get to know team members roles, and how they work with and complement yours.
* Begin communicating and coordinating with teams across multiple departments.
* Start analyzing sales results.
* Dive deep into the Superior Threads customer persona, learning everything you can about what they want, and how they shop and purchase.
* Dive deep into competitor analysis and industry sales trends.
Within 3 months, you will:
* Have developed a solid understanding of customer personae and brand aesthetic.
* Work closely with the Purchasing Team to understand inventory levels and meet sell-through targets.
* Understand our production and marketing cadence and use it to inform ongoing and long-term merchandising strategies.
* Work with Marketing Brand Manager, Creative Director, and CMO to assess overall brand aesthetic, including logos, web merchandising, and visual communications.
* Have a solid understanding of launch cycles and procedures, begin planning and working with the Brand Team to execute product launches.
* Work closely with the Marketing Team to help inform strategic media partnerships.
Within 6 months, you will:
* Own brand performance and revenue results.
* Co-own inventory levels with the Purchasing Team.
* Own sell-through rates.
* Understand merchandising strategy and core customer and use it to independently prepare and propose new product initiatives.
* Use your cultivated understanding of the quilting market and customer demographic to execute informed customer growth and outreach initiatives through new merchandising and marketing programs, and ongoing product development.
The DTC Quilt Division team is a group of dedicated crafters, designers, photographers and web builders, working together to drive product development, publish our catalog, drive e-commerce, produce learning content, and support the development of the quilting industry at-large. We are exceptionally collaborative, supportive, thoughtful, and passionate about supporting each other and serving the diverse quilting market. We are a team of people with big ideas who talk openly and candidly with each other, but always with kindness and respect.
* Extensive experience working in e-commerce as a Merchandiser, Planner, Marketing Director, or other senior role.
* Ability to critically analyze sales data and industry trends to make informed development and merchandising decisions.
* A finely honed aesthetic married to business acumen that together inform your development and merchandising decisions, and an understanding of the work we do.
* Agility and flexibility to strategize and ensure priorities are always in order. Our development and production cycles are fast-paced and ongoing.
* Experience working with teams from multiple disciplines, Purchasing, Marketing, IT, and Creative.
* Superb written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional soft skills.
* Emotional intelligence and genuine leadership instincts and skills, dedication to continued growth and development.
* Exceptional delegation skills, but an understanding that Thats not my job is antithetical to our culture. Youre not above or afraid rolling up your sleeves and getting to work.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Experience in the Craft Industry a plus.
We offer a generous benefit package, including:
* Multiple medical and dental plan options after 30 days (with company contributions to the premium costs)
* Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
* Vision and other voluntary life and income replacement plans
* Company-paid Life and Disability benefits
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
* Generous paid time off benefits
* Employee discounts at all Premier Needle Arts companies!
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.