Rail systems lead
Rail systems lead
Mott MacDonald is looking for an individual to develop, support and lead the execution of the Rail Communications and Signalling & Train Control Systems engineering and integration activities on projects executed by Mott MacDonald in North America with responsibility for those projects occurring in Canada. To develop and maintain relationships with known and potential key service providers for Rail Communications (Comms), Signalling & Train Control (S&TCS) solutions. This role reports to the Rail Systems Practice Lead within Mott MacDonald Canada.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Rail Communications and Signalling & Train Control Systems elements of project bids within Mott MacDonald Canada, including oversight of concept design and budget development as necessary.
- Lead the Rail Communications and Signalling & Train Control Systems elements of project delivery within Mott MacDonald Canada, including detailed design and budget management.
- Develop and Lead and Rail Communications and S&TCS engineering team.
- Provide direct Comms and S&TCS support and insight to each project’s management and delivery team
- Provide strategic and tactical direction for Comms and S&TCS activities for all MM rail projects in Canada and US
- Provide strategic and tactical support for all Systems Engineering, Integration, Traction Power and Systems Assurance activities for MM projects across Canada and the US as needed
- Select, develop and work with key delivery partners and service providers for projects.
- Support the development of MM Canada’s Rail Systems Practice
- Support the development, adoption and delivery of key Systems Engineering processes and practices within MM’s North American projects; to include System Engineering (SE), Systems Integration (SI), Requirements Management (RM), Configuration Management (CM) and Systems Assurance (SA).
- Engage with end clients as and when necessary
- Deliver strategic direction for Rail Communications and Signalling & Train Control processes and practices within MM Canada and US Business Units
- Development of Rail Systems Practice business with Canada, with emphasis on Comms and S&TCS
- Development and on-going review/update of all Comms and S&TCS processes and practices used within Mott MacDonald
- Assist in the development and on-going review of all System Engineering and Integration processes and practices used within Mott MacDonald
- Manage multiple stakeholders
- Represent MM to appropriate external parties as and when required.
- Attend meetings and make presentations at appropriate levels, up to and including project, MM Practice and MM NASA management meetings.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Science (preferably IT/ Electronics/Systems Engineering).
- P.Eng in BC or Ontario, or eligible for membership
- 12 - 16 years’ progressive experience in Rail Communications and/or Signalling & Train Control System, with significant experience in Systems Engineering in rail and transit projects.
- Demonstrable strength in a minimum of two of the following:
- CBTC (IEEE 1474)
- Fixed Block Signalling (Track Circuits or Axle Counters)
- Inductive Loop based ATC
- Working knowledge of the remainder
- Demonstrable strength in design/deployment of CBTC or Fixed Block technology with strong working knowledge of the other.
- Demonstrable strength in at least two Rail Communication disciplines, with strong working knowledge of at least 2 others
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi- disciplined team.
- Able to hold competent technical discussions with Client representatives
- Able to hold competent business discussions with Clients
- Able to interface with domain specialists, design managers and construction project managers, in a competent professional manner.
- Broad experience of delivery within major infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering and Integration management as applied to major railway infrastructure projects / technology development and implementation projects.
- Knowledge of System Engineering Lifecycles - awareness of different lifecycles and experience of the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects
- Travel is part of the job and it is expected that the successful applicant will be able to travel within Canada and the US to MM locations and project offices
Opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Every day we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world. As part of our growing business, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Project programme and commercial management, Railways, Systems and signals
Rail and metros, Transportation
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.