Referral Testing Specialist - 12528
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3897062 City:
n1:00 am n
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hours n
n1:00 am n
nMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday n
Required to Work:
nWeekends, Holidays n
nPOSITION SUMMARY n
The Referral Testing Specialist I is responsible for packing and shipping, following all federal and company regulations and policies, all specimens that are sent to non-Papago performing locations. Manages work flow of outgoing specimens and will monitor for incoming time sensitive or returning samples that require further testing. Completes tasks to add, return or clarify specimen and order issues. Acts as resource regarding referral tests for other departments.
We are hiring for:
Evening Shift 3 PM - 11:30PM
Night Shift 11PM - 4 PM
15% Shift differential for night shift!
All our positions rotate weekend coverage
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS n
1. Retrieves and sorts specimens to be transported to a referral laboratory. Packages and ships referral specimens in accordance to all applicable federal and state transportation guide lines.
2. Maintains advanced knowledge of specimen requirements for both in-house and referred testing. Recognizes sample quality, quantity and transportation temperature requirements for all referred testing.
3. Responsible for resolving complex referral testing issues, including TIQ resolution, missing or lost specimen investigations and TASK resolution.
4. Accountable for monitoring insurance and billing information for accuracy and determines if additional information is required to prevent inaccurate billing.
5. Uses prioritization and multitasking skills and tools to assure all daily assignments are completed within accepted time frames.
6. Assists in the training of new employees and aids in the development and validation of all TSO procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS n
• Minimum age requirement of 18.
• High school graduate or have achieved equivalency.
• Twelve (12) months clinical laboratory experience or equivalent. n
• Demonstrated intermediate level PC skills.
• Basic medical terminology and specimen type recognition.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS n
• Familiarity with Lean or Six Sigma concepts.
• Additional related education and/or experience.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.