This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3896930 Regional Class A CDL Driver$25.84 / hr
The best jobs in the trucking industry are at Frito-Lay. We offer unbeatable benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days and much more. You can even submit an interest card if you want to talk to a recruiter, just make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- You possess a valid Class "A" commercial driver's license
- You have at least 100,000 verifiable accident-free miles
- You will be required to work on weekends and holidays
- You can lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You have the ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to five hours daily, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You have the ability to work up to 14 hours a day and drive a tractor trailer for extended periods of time, up to 11 hours per day, with or without a reasonable accommodation
This postion work schedule will vary by day, covering open routes as necessary. Start times vary by route and scheduled dispatch. We asked current Frito-Lay drivers what frequent tasks you should expect when you come aboard, and here is what they had to say:
- You will safely operate a tractor/trailer (usually an automatic Volvo, international or freight liner; diesel/natural gas) and transport products to and from specified destinations in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- This is a physical job.
We load and unload trailers -- this can be manual, it could involve palletized loading/unloading, cart handling, or require the use of a two-wheeler. You will also be lifting things over your head.
- You will transport chips, dips, and more to and from large grocery stores, Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities, rural storage units, and other traffic centers.
- You will obtain proof of receipt, pick up returns and complete logs and other paperwork related to deliveries, and review invoices and/or manifests.
- You will use an electronic logging device such as a tablet or an onboard (dash) computer.
- We have regular contact with our customers, sales drivers, and dispatch, so you can expect to talk to people at various points throughout the day or night.
- Like the rest of our drivers, you will be responsible for pre- and post-trip truck inspections.
- Your work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed by the FMCSA and require overnight trips as well as weekend and/or holiday work.
- We run routes 24/7 and DOT hours vary slightly by location.
This position requires a lot of walking, handling of product/equipment, and lifting over your head, but we believe the rewards are worth it, and our drivers agree. Given our large salaries and phenomenal benefits, you might wonder what will give you an edge when you apply. Here's an idea of what Frito-Lay drivers expect of one another:
- Safety Focused: your mind is focused on safety when you operate vehicles by practicing defensive driving.
We have a strong reputation as transportation professionals on the road.
- Coachable and Communicative: you can take feedback and adjust how you do things in the spirit of cooperation, safety, and efficiency.
Communication is a two-way street. Did you encounter a safety hazard? Were their issues with your delivery? Your honest feedback is valued here.
- Flexibility: the schedule you work won't be set, but instead it will vary day to day.
Everyone at Frito-Lay works weekends and holidays.
- Self-Motivated: our drivers are known across th e company as hard workers, showing up and working until the job is done
- Attention to Detail: a sharp eye is necessary because you will review weight limits on manifests, you will count cases to make sure orders are corrects, as well as using visual aids
Our application takes 10-15 minutes to finish on any device. Our mission is to get you in for an interview instead of jumping through hoops. Just keep an eye on your e-mail, and we will take care of the rest.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available  EEO is the Law &  EEO is the Law Supplement docume
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.