Regional Finance Director
Richard Lloyd Recruitment
Our client is a medium sized niche services provider based near Botany. With operations around the world, they have a well-established and highly regarded reputation in their space.
This Regional Finance Director role is based in the APAC HQ in South Sydney and parking is available. As a business, they have a professional and friendly culture with a host of long-standing employees.
This position has arisen due to an internal restructure as a result of growth. Throughout 2020, they have performed well and have exciting plans in the pipeline for 2021. Our client is looking for an ambitious candidate who will enjoy autonomy over the finance function and supporting senior stakeholders to drive growth.The Role
Your role as Regional Finance Director will be broad and varied, including (but not limited to):
- Supervising an accounting team (local and overseas) of 2 direct reports and a wider team of 7 whilst taking a hands-on approach to the departments smooth running
- Ownership of monthly financial reporting including analysis and commentary for submission to global head office
- Manage the preparation of budgets, forecasts and long-term business plans
- Manage the year end process and statutory external audit. Preparing the annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Working as part of the management team whilst business partnering with Regional MD’s and other key stakeholders
- Act as a trusted advisor for any finance related issues
- Involvement in process improvement initiatives and projects – e.g. the oversight of a planned implementation of a new accounting system
- Oversight and review of legal contracts and suppliers’ contractual arrangements
- Ensuring appropriate insurance cover is in place
- Ensuring all HR related activities are conducted appropriately along with adherence to group and regional HR policies
In order to be considered for this Regional FD role you MUST be comfortable with the majority of the aforementioned tasks and meet the following criteria:
- Recently worked in a hands on and broad finance role for a medium sized business (maybe c.$40-100m turnover)
- Proven staff management experience
- Had prior experience in accounting and payroll along with involvement in a range of HR duties
- Prior experience reviewing legal / commercial contracts
- Be systems savvy, ideally having implemented a new accounting system previously
- Had prior experience working in a business with multiple entities
- Confidence and strength of communication skills to effectively liaise with senior stakeholders
- Those who have similar experience to that outlined above who have previously worked as a Finance Manager or Financial Controller are welcome to apply
- Professionally qualified as an Accountant (e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
If you are keen to apply for this Regional Finance Director role, please contact David Landau at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5***, quoting reference 5791 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.