APPLE SOUTH ASIA PTE. LTD.
Apple’s Pacific Supply Demand Management (SDM) group is responsible for the finished goods planning for the entire Pacific Region (Asia, Australia/New Zealand, and Japan). By using both Supply and Demand levers, we aim to position products at the right place, right time and at optimal cost to maximise end consumer sales and achieve customer satisfaction. An opportunity exists for a bold, highly motivated professional to join the SDM team as a Regional Planner. You will support Pacific Countries on an assigned product in the iPhone, Mac, iPad, Apple Watch and Accessory product lines either as a Supply Planner or Demand Planner. You will be assigned to either Supply or Demand planning and will be offered the possibility of rotation between these roles as part of our continued career development opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous with strong eye for business and consumer focus.
- Able to remain focused and work efficiently under pressure while handling multiple tasks
- Demonstrate initiative, adaptability and problem-solving skills in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically
- A persistent attention to detail
- High level of comfort in working with numbers
- Strong sense of urgency to resolve issues.
- Strong knowledge of excel (advanced level) preferred
A Regional Planner plays a highly visible role. The Planner is a conductor within the Operations organization:
- analysing consumer demand and supply production plans
- coordinating new product launch
- rationing/balancing supply during constraints
- managing/positioning inventory forward in all markets
- supporting all Sales actions with sufficient supply
A Planner will provide clear communication with numerous cross functional teams: WorldWide Supply/Demand Management in Cupertino, OEMs/Vendors, Product Launch Readiness, Route to Market (RTM) teams such as Reseller Operations and Retail Fulfilment Operations, Logistics, Finance, Sales and Senior Management.
A Demand Planner will use trend analysis and other forecasting techniques to generate a demand forecast for all routes to market: Apple owned stores (Online and Retail), Online stores, and Resellers. The Planner will then use this forecast to derive the most optimal inventory allocation plan and execution according to the plan.
The Supply Planner works with his/her demand counterpart to derive optimal supply and production plan on both short and long term. You will do this while ensuring execution of the plan with WW SDM, OEMs and Vendors.
Both Supply and Demand Planners will have to work cross functionally and provide timely updates to Management. By controlling inventory and allocation, Planners have a direct influence over the performance of Apple business both top and bottom line for their assigned products within the Pacific region.
- Provide accurate and timely supply, demand, and inventory position plans to routes to market (RTM) and other teams.
- Handle operational issues associated with supply or demand volatility including - but not limited to - supply constraints, production or transportation issues, compliance issues or rework, unexpected demand swings or market regulatory changes.
- Provide accurate reporting to WW SDM and Executive team.
- Drive, support and participate in SDM projects -both regional and global- and provide inputs on process improvements.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree (or higher) holder with preferably around 2-4 years of work experience in an analytical role. Preferred background in a high tech or FMCG industry with supply chain management experience. MBA is a plus.
Every day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do?
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicantsRequirements
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.