Regional Sensory & Consumer Insights Scientist, Savory
Symrise is a global supplier of flavorings, fragrances, cosmetic base materials and substances as well as functional ingredients. Its clients include manufacturers of food and beverages, perfumes, cosmetics, the pharmaceutical industry and producers of nutritional supplements and pet Food.
With sales of € 3 billion in 2017, Symrise is among the global leaders in the market for flavors and fragrances. Headquartered in Holzminden, Germany, the Group is represented in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa and the Middle East, Asia, the United States and Latin America.
Symrise works with its clients to develop new ideas and market-ready concepts for products that form an indispensable part of everyday life. Economic success and corporate responsibility are inextricably linked as part of this process. Symrise – always inspiring more…
Sensory and Consumer Insights (SCI) plays a critical role in guiding the product development process and serves as one of the key strategic levers in the APAC Flavor Innovations Team. This role joins the Regional SCI team working in our Global SCI center in developing and applying state of the art tools in the science of sensory and consumer research. This role will support our savoury category growth strategy by bringing the consumer voice to achieve business impact.
In this existing role you will :
- Develop Sensory & Consumers Insight roadmap and project pipeline for the Savoury category
- Lead execution & implementation of SCI projects to leverage commercial opportunities.
- Provide actionable insights to external & internal clients (i.e savoury category Management, Marketing, Technical & Sales / Key Account Management systematically with information about targeted consumer groups & their needs, desires and preferences.
- Provide close support to Flavorists & Applications specialists to provide creative guidance and performance feedback based on proven sensory & consumer research protocols.
- Lead decision-making processes for SCI Savoury activities including the management of outsourced programs and relationships with external SCI partners (agencies and universities).
- Be responsible for resource conflict management and prioritisation calls including internal and external negotiations to agree appropriate project timelines and milestones.
- Be jointly responsible with the Regional SCI Director to lead transformation of SCI capability to create new and competitive sensory and/or consumer insight approaches and deliverables beyond current methodologies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science / Master of Science in Food Science, Food Technology or Psychology, Consumer Science
- Minimum of 5 years Sensory and Consumer Science relevant professional experience working in the food industry and/or flavor house
Knowledge, Skills and Behavior
- Demonstrated ability to initiate innovative projects that create new business opportunities
- Sound knowledge and demonstrated experience in sensory research involving trained panels and of consumer insights research.
- Knowledge of sensory and consumer research related sciences such as statistics and food science and / or flavor chemistry.
- Knowledge of the business application of sensory and consumer insights.
- Demonstrated capacity to build relationships with team members and to perform effectively in a team environment, to work closely with support staff and key stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, to effectively promote and present SCI outcomes to colleagues and customers.
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines
- Strong thinking and learning capabilities
- Ability to work well in a matrix environment
Location and Travel
- This position is based in Singapore
- Travel within APAC will be required
We offer our employees excellent working conditions, creative freedom, training programs and an attractive compensation package.
If you feel that you fit the above criteria then please apply by using our online application system. Symrise highly values sustainability and aims at providing feedback to your application as fast as possible, therefore we kindly ask you to exclusively apply online.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.