Regional Wastewater Practice Lead
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc.
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country.
"We believe e*verything we do is for the enrichment of the human experience."*Responsibilities
- Provide technical direction over a group of civil engineers and functions as a technical adviser for Water/Wastewater projects;
- Hire, train, and mentor other engineers;
- Direct and coordinate production, operations and quality assurance;
- Write performance reviews and solve internal issues;
- Manages all technical aspects of assigned projects;
- Supervising tendering procedures and putting together proposals;
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems;
- Managing budgets and other project resources;
- Leading teams of other engineers, perhaps from other organizations or firms;
- Compiling, checking and approving reports;
- Check technical accuracy of work
- Reviewing and approving project drawings;
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other in-house departments participating in a project.
- Supervises the design and on-going progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with city, state, and municipal officials, and other outside agencies.
- Serves as a liaison and key point of contact between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams
- Exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Planning and organizing production schedules
- Estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with clients and managers
- Determining quality control standards
- Overseeing production processes
- Attending public meetings to discuss projects, especially in a senior role;
- Adopting all relevant requirements around issues such as permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design and safety on all work assignments;
- Ensuring that a project runs smoothly and that the structure is completed on time and within budget;
- Correcting any project deficiencies that affect production, quality and safety requirements before final evaluation and project review
- Undertaking complex and repetitive calculations;
- 20+ years experience in the fields mentioned above
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas or the ability to receive a TX PE through reciprocity
- Ability and desire to lead business development activities in Water / Wastewater markets
- Demonstrated ability to conduct effective client presentations and written report preparation
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713-266-6900. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law
Req No.: 2020-4219
Type: Regular Full-Time
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.