Registered Dietitian 3 Universities
Registered Dietitian 3- Universities in D.C. Metro Area, Washington, DC
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Registered Dietitian 3- Universities
Location US-DC-D.C. Metro Area
Relocation Type Yes - According to Grade
Employment Status Full-Time
Come work for the world's leading private employer of Registered Dietitians!
Sodexo Universities Segment is seeking a dynamic Registered Dietitian 3- Universities to provide nutrition services to a campus account in the Washington, DC area! This position will report to the General Manager, and will be responsible for menu development and implementation, oversight of resident dining services, one-on-one consultations, and management of campus dietetics programs. This position will require strong leadership ability, food service skills, clinical knowledge, and a desire to engage the campus population in conversations around nutrition.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE!
The successful candidate will:
* partner closely with an Executive Chef and/or caf management in selecting healthy menu items, evaluating sales and determining what can be offered differently, and promoting nutritional campaigns;
* conduct lunch 'n learn educational sessions across the company and create regular communications intended to motivate and engage the workforce in healthy eating habits;
* work with nutrition issues related to food allergies, weight management and disordered eating patterns and other medical issues requiring meal selection assistance;
participate in Health Fairs, community events and develop and deliver presentations as needed to support client goals; and/or
* provide direction for planning strategic goals, standards of the brand and maintaining effective communication with other managers and inter-department liaisons.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
* are a Registered Dietitian credentialed with CDR and licensed in state;
* have at least three to five years of consecutive employment in a similar food service operation;
* have previous experience working in a higher education/University Campus account;
* have experience in developing health-conscious menus;
* have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels;
* have the proven ability to effectively engage, motivate and influence others regarding their nutrition;
* have strong presentation skills;
* have demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities with the ability to adapt the changing needs of the role;
* have a history of working independently with little direction;
* have a commitment to continued education in the nutrition field and implementation of new and innovative ideas to implement; and/or
* be bilingual in Spanish (preferred).
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare, Personal and Home Health Services, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Nutrition jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services including those for complex needs.
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., -HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments. .
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.