Registered Midwife - Midwifery Group Practice
Patient centred care is at the heart of everything we do at Northern Beaches Hospital, and to ensure our Maternity patients receive the right care both at home and in the hospital we currently have an opportunity for an experienced Registered Midwife to join our Midwifery Group Practice (MGP) full time.
Your Role As a Registered Midwife working within MGP you will be providing continuity of care to low risk women. You will be caring for women using evidence based and women centred care, with most visits being conducted within the hospital and some visits at the woman’s home.
- Providing high standards of evidence-based midwifery care to women of varying ages and cultural groups
- Planning, assessing, implementing and evaluating midwifery care in collaboration with women, their families and the multidisciplinary team to achieve identified goals and health outcomes
- Supervising and guiding junior and undergraduate midwives in provision of midwifery care
- Working collaboratively with the wider healthcare team to support patient care needs
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional patient experience for women and their families.
Current Registration as a Midwife with AHPRA
- Bachelor of Midwifery or Graduate Diploma in Midwifery (if Bachelor of Nursing is first qualification) or equivalent
- At least 3 years post graduate experience as a RM
- Highly developed clinical skills across the continuum of maternity services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to family-focused approach to care
- Valid Driver’s license and car for home visits
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please apply online.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a NSW Working with Children’s Check, prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.