Registered Nurse-PACU-Part Time
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, located on Chicagos North Side, is one of the states largest, most comprehensive nonprofit medical centers. Illinois Masonic Medical Center offers a wide range of medical specialties and is nationally recognized for its medical expertise, use of the most innovative technologies and dedication to patient safety, quality and service. A commitment to community, medical education and ongoing clinical research affirms our mission of providing patients the highest quality care in Chicagoland, as illustrated by our many honors, including being named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health Analytics.
REGISTERED NURSE PACU
ILLINOIS MASONIC MEDICAL CENTER; CHICAGO, IL (LAKEVIEW AREA)
* PARTTIME OPENING: 40 HOURS A PAY PERIOD
* DAY/PM SHIFT HAS STARTING TIMES STAGGERED FROM 8:30AMTIL 12:30PM
* 10 HOUR SHIFTS (2-10 HOUR SHIFTS A WEEK)
* ABILITY TO SHARE CALL RESPONSIBILITY
JOB AND UNIT SUMMARY:
The registered nurse will be responsible for providing post-surgical recovery to patients.
THE ADVOCATE NURSE:
* Uses evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, compassion and skilled dialogue, the registered nurse leads efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
* Delivers and coordinates patient-centered care across the continuum to support the successful transition of patients to other healthcare delivery systems or their home communities.
* Is responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
PATIENT-CENTERED HOLISTIC CARE
* GRADUATE OF AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL OF NURSING
* BACHELORS OF SCIENCE IN NURSING (BSN)
* ONE (1) YEAR OF PACU OR ICUEXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
* CURRENT ILLINOIS RN LICENSE
* CURRENT CPRAND ACLSCERTIFICATION
* ABILITY TO WORK WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS, AND DIFFERENT SHIFTS IN ORDER TO ACCOMMODATE STAFFING
* ABILITY TO SHARE CALL RESPONSIBILITY
* CERTIFICATIONS/EDUCATION REQUIRED FOR THE NURSING SPECIALTY
* Good time management and organizational skills
* Certain positions may need to take call
* Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment
* Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast pace
* Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
* Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
JOIN ADVOCATE AURORA HEALTH WE HELP PEOPLE LIVE WELL!
ABOUT ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE
Advocate Health Care, named among the nations Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the states largest integrated childrens network, the states largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the areas largest home health care companies, and the regions largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.