Regulatory Relationships Director
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of being a key figure in the Group Risk function at the Phoenix Group, the largest specialist consolidator of life assurance funds in Europe. As a member of the FTSE 100 Index, with a premium listing on the LSE and one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for the last 7 consecutive years, we have 10.4 million policyholders and assets under management of £240 billion, including the recently acquired Standard Life Assurance, Abbey Life and AXA Wealth businesses.
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
Reporting to the Group Chief Risk Officer, this role will lead the Regulatory Relationships Team in promoting informed decision making and controlled risk taking that improves customer outcomes and delivers long term value for shareholders.
- Be custodian of the engagement framework with the Group's supervision teams at regulators in both UK and Europe.
- Own the controls environment that supports regulatory interactions to ensure the Group understands and meets the expectations of its regulators.
- Provide independent oversight and challenge of senior managers in all interactions with the regulators
- Provide insight to the Boards and Senior Managers on key matters under discussions/emerging risks
- Lead interactions with the Group's regulators in support of M&A activity including the Change in Control process.
- The design and implementation of an effective set of controls within the Group to identify, monitor, manage and report on risks associated with the Group's engagement with its regulators.
- Ensuring the Group's Risk Management Framework appropriately supports the identification, assessment, management and reporting of the risks associated with regulatory engagement.This includes the regulators' emerging thinking on matters affecting the Group.
- Ensuring Senior Managers understand the importance of the regulators as a key stakeholder, take responsibility for the implications of their actions, and work with Relationship Team to ensure key judgements and assumptions are transparent.
- To lead on the change in control process including the creation of a robust business plan and supporting evidence; to define the SMCR requirements required to support the day one operating model; in support of acquisitions
- Providing leadership to Regulatory Relationship Team ensuring it is appropriately organised, responsibilities are clear and the team has the required skills and people management arrangements in place to effectively carry out its responsibilities and to meet deliverables set out in the annual Group Risk plan.
- Reporting to the Boards on the key matters under discussion with the regulators and actions being taken by management to support the engagement model.
- Ensuring all Board and Senior Managers are fully aware of the material matters under discussion with the regulators as well as emerging themes to enrich their interaction with the regulators
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Risk management background desirable
- Mergers and Acquisitions experience desirable
- In depth knowledge and experience of UK financial services business and regulatory context.
- Knowledge of regulatory processes, philosophy and emerging risks
- Broad understanding of the operating model for a Life and Pensions Firm
- Desirable is a Legal, Financial or risk management qualification (FIA, FCA, FIRM or similar).
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills.
- Gravitas and experience of operating at senior executive/board level in regulated firms.
- Ability to lead a team by setting vision and agenda, then ensuring successful execution.
In return, you can look forward to a great package, excellent conditions and a superb working environment, plus the chance to make your mark in a rapidly developing FTSE 100 listed company.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Wednesday 22 nd July 2020...... click apply for full job details
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.