Affinity Staffing Inc
Our client is a successful, growing company and we have several opportunities for growth. They are the leader of their vertical with customers from small business to some of the biggest retailers on the planet. They have thousands of paying customers using our Laravel/React LAMP-based hosted solution to run their businesses on a daily basis and we are growing internationally. Note, for commuters: the office is located in Gastown with easy access from transit stations.
We are looking to bring in energetic talent to work on our next-generation platform and solutions. You will have the opportunity to use your experience with leading-edge tools and development methodologies in an Agile work environment. As DevOps/Release Engineer you will be an integral part of our distributed team working closely with the Release Manager and System Admins to maintain and continuously improve our build process.
- Prepare, coordinate and execute release deployments.
- Automate our continuous integration/delivery/deployment pipeline.
- Document existing and newly designed CI/CD processes and procedures.
- Build and maintain internal and client-facing server environments.
- Administer software like issue tracking systems, etc.
- Interface with Account Strategists, QA and Dev teams.
Skills & Requirements
- Understanding of PHP/Laravel, Angular/React and MySQL.
- Deep Git knowledge: developing custom hooks, merging across branches, implementing and enforcing workflows.
- Understanding of popular branching strategies, such as GitFlow, GitHub Flow, GitLab Flow, etc.
- Familiarity with Docker and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes and/or Docker Swarm.
- Familiarity with ORM, such as Doctrine, Eloquent.
- Knowledge of NPM, Gulp, Composer.
- Experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting the LAMP stack.
- Comfortable in Linux command line.
- Expert scripting in one or more of bash, python, Perl, awk, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile development and continuous integration.
- Experience with build/release tools - bamboo, GitLab, Jenkins or similar.
- Familiarity configuration management tools - Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Familiarity with other persistent solutions, such as Redis and/or Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with deployment approaches such as Blue/Green, Canary and/or Rolling deployment.
- Familiarity with the concept of distributed systems and limitations.
- Familiarity with Atlassian software development stack.
- System administration in *nix environments (Sycle uses CentOS).
- Automated testing - Selenium, Codeception, Karma.
- Elastic Stack, Splunk.
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership
- an affinity.
Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.