Research Associate Professor
Job ID 2020-
Employment Type Full Time
Department Research-Brain Tumor Barrow
Hours / Pay Period 80
Facility St Josephs Hospital and Medical Center
Standard Hours mon-fri (9-5)
Work Schedule 8 Hour
Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, Ivy Brain Tumor Center, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services. St. Joseph's is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day, approximately 20 percent of the hospital's patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph's.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's, and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital.
St. Joseph's is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies.
Look for us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.
The Ivy Brain Tumor Center is a non-conventional, non-profit program offering state-of-the-art clinical trials for patients with the most aggressive form of brain cancer. It is home to the largest collection of Phase 0 trials for brain tumors in the world. Our multidisciplinary team of brain tumor specialists and scientists are accelerating drug discovery and precision medicine in neuro-oncology to identify the most promising first-in-class therapies for brain tumor patients.
The Research Biostatistician is responsible for applying the knowledge of statistics to assist with clinical study design, protocol development and statistical analysis of the clinical studies. The Biostatistician will also review project related documents, prepare Statistical Analysis Plans and statistical reports. As part of the Research Team, the Biostatistician will play a key role with the Research Team and interface with external vendors to fulfill the responsibilities of biostatistics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing the statistical sections of protocols, performing sample size and power calculation for studies and creating randomization schedule per study design and relevant specifications.
- Review protocols, case report forms (CRFs), data management plans, data specifications and other related study documents.
- Develop statistical analysis plans (SAP), SAS programs and complete statistical analyses.
- Develop SAS programs to create derived variables and analysis data sets and computer programs to generate listings, tables, and graphs using SAS.
- Performing quality control of analysis data and Tables, Listing and Figures (TLF) for clinical trials
- Develop standard operating procedures.
- In conjunction with the Data Management Specialist, develop the study database according to clinical trial specifications.
- Assists the staff in preparing manuscripts and presentations.
- 4-6 years clinical research biostatistician experience or 3-5 years for PhD.
- Experience in early phase/phase 0 clinical research preferred.
- Additional experience in preclinical research statistics would be desirable.
- Working knowledge of CDISC standards.
- Strong knowledge of clinical trial design and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of advanced SAS macro development and code generation/management algorithms.
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD or equivalent) in statistics or other scientific discipline and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.