The Reserve Sergeant assists with the management of the Public Safety department on an on-call, per diem basis, to cover shifts as needed, and is responsible for:Responsibilities:
- Performing crowd control at campus events
- Responding quickly in emergency situations
- Investigating suspicious activities and abnormal incidents within jurisdiction during assigned shift
- Access control
- Maintenance of shift duty logs, daily reports, incident reports and all required paperwork
- Counseling, advising, motivating and, when necessary, disciplining assigned personnel according to department policies and procedures
- Conducting or aiding in training programs with the site-training officer
- Informing and updating all Public Safety and patrolling officers of new / revised policies and procedures
- Performing inspection of officers' uniforms, personal appearance and equipment
May be asked to work various shifts, including days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and may work alone for long periods of time both inside and outdoors under varying climate conditions.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned by supervisor.Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in Criminal Justice or eligibility for SSPO
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate
- A minimum two years of experience in police or other public safety related areas (desired: college setting)
- Valid, unrestricted U.S. driver's license within state of residence
- Obtain and retain minimum certification in Monadnock Expandable baton and Oleoresin Capsicum
- Obtain and retain certification as First Responder as well as CPR/AED
- Possession and retention of valid license to carry a firearm (large capacity) in accordance with MGL Ch. 140 sec. 131.
- Successfully complete annual firearms training
- Meet all requirements / maintain all certifications under MA General Law, Chapter 22C, Section 63 as Special State Police Officer; be warranted to receive police powers by MA State Police Certification Unit
- Be eligible for appointment as Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff and Worcester County Deputy Sheriff within state of MA.
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Dispatch experience
- Standing, sitting, manual dexterity, ability to move between offices and floors of buildings
- Ability to travel among three campuses as needed
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Ability to be physically in attendance at designated worksite during scheduled work hours and to work some evenings and weekends
- Normal range of vision and hearing (with or without correction)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Attach a cover letter and a resume or curriculum vitae. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check and a psychological evaluation as a condition of employment.
MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates a diverse community. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.
MCPHS University, an innovator in health and professional education, is setting the pace in the health science fields. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston's Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Here, we are preparing future generations of global leaders and promoting systems to improve the health of the public. In the midst of implementing an ambitious strategic plan that will bring us to our 200th anniversary in 2023, MCPHS offers meaningful work that benefits society overall, provides competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, and fosters a sense of connectedness and collaboration among our employees. We are a fast-moving, data-driven educational institution with a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at MCPHS University, please visit Careers at MCPHS.
MCPHS University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MCPHS University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.