Resident Engineer - Rail & Transit
Urban Engineers, Inc.
Our culture is built around our people. Voted a top workplace by our employees, we are committed to advancing careers and providing a foundation for professional growth. Urban offers a wide range of health, welfare and financial benefits to our employees, as well as career development through our own Urban Training Institute, tuition assistance program, and certification incentives.
Founded in 1960, Urban provides services for buildings, ports, transit, railroads, airports, bridges, and highways. We specialize in engineering design, environmental, planning, construction services, and program management. By providing innovation, technical excellence, and on-time performance, we create value for a proud Urban family.
The Resident Engineer will be responsible for interfacing with the Client directly and working independently to monitor the construction progress and overseeing the schedule and budget for a construction project.
Resident Engineer Responsibilities:
- Conduct periodic meetings with client and contractors to identify potential obstructions to job progress
- Check that construction methods/schedules have been coordinated with facility operations
- Preparation of and review of daily inspection reports.
- Conduct progress meetings and write and distribute minutes
- Develop and maintain shop drawing and Request
For Information Logs
- Attend and participate in track use and protection meetings held by Amtrak
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in progressively more difficult construction management and inspection positions
- Experience as the Resident Engineer on projects with construction cost of $5 million or more
- PE and/or CCM license preferred
- The ability to work independently with minimum direct supervision is important
- Must be within commuting distance to Chicago Union Rail Station
- Strong oral and writing communication skills are required
Please include a PDF or Word Document Version of your resume.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.