Risk and Audit Coordinator
Oversee and maintain the risk management framework, including relevant policies, systems and processes.
Your new company
Local government organisation located in the north of Sydney.
Your new role
As the Risk and Audit Coordinator you will provide management, leadership and direction to the Risk and Audit Unit. The position is primarily responsible for the maintenance of an enterprise risk management framework and culture, ensuring that the objectives of the Internal Audit Programme are achieved, the coordination and has carriage of the provision of administrative support to the Audit Risk and Improvement Committee.
- Implement a strong enterprise risk management framework and culture.
- Oversee and maintain the enterprise risk management framework, including all relevant policies, systems and processes, in accordance with best practice standards.
- Implement and oversee an effective Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Framework to ensure minimal disruption of services to the community.
- Oversee the organisational internal audit processes to ensure that objectives of the Internal Audit Programme are achieved.
- Provide administrative support and guidance to Audit Risk and Improvement Committee members.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in risk management and/or audit or significant public sector experience.
- The ability to value add to the risk management process by providing guidance and support in the management of difficult risks
- Experience in the development, review and implementation of risk management policies, strategies, systems and procedures.
- High level interpersonal skills and ability to effectively influence and manage a range of diverse stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, regulations, and Codes of Practice and Australian standards.
- Superior written and verbal communication in the areas of report writing, presenting, facilitation and negotiation.
- Ability to champion the development and implementation of effective enterprise-wide risk management frameworks.
- Ability to research and communicate complex ideas for a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- Local government experience including knowledge of local government processes, controls, meetings practice and relevant legislation.
- Project management skills with the ability to management multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
What you'll get in return
This is an initial 3 month contract with an option to extend or apply for the permanent vacancy. Hourly rate of $55-60 per hour + Super.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to *************@hays.com.au or call Lucille on 02 8226 9***.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 Apply now
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.