Sales Consultant, Key Account Portsmouth, Rochester, NH
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their
very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a
leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and
operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should
work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive
Requisition ID : 4351
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales / Business Development
Work Location : Manchester, NH
State or Province : New Hampshire (US-NH)
Potential Work Location : United States : New Hampshire : Manchester
As a Key Account Sales Consultant, you ll use your unique perspective to
build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, and
negotiate and close business deals. In this dynamic role you will collaborate
with the team to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue in alignment
with MSC s long-term strategic goals.
Translate your keen insight of customer s needs and drivers into sales that
advance their success as a business and of MSC s success as an indus
* Apply our unique insights to address customer s priorities and refram
how they view their business to foster conversation based on customer
needs, not MSC capabilities.
* Use account planning tools, prescriptive analytics, and research from
marketing to teach customers something new and compelling about their
business that leads to MSC s differentiated solutions.
* Leverage Subject Matter Experts to assess and identify improvement
opportunities as it pertains to procurement, inventory management and
application of product in the indirect supply chain.
* Partner with Business Development team to assist in closing new business
and effectively onboard customers.
* Collaborate with National Account Manager to achieve overall National
* Incorporate economic drivers with deep knowledge of customer s
business, current macro/microeconomic and industry trends, and potential
new business opportunities.
* Conduct due diligence to understand customer value drivers and leverage
these drivers to influence a wide range of customer stakeholders.
* Establish value with customer before discussing ROI/financial terms by
qualifying and quantifying the impact of maintaining the status quo or
pursuing competitors solutions.
* Drive momentum and proactively advance the purchase decision by assessing
customer s readiness to proceed at each stage of the buying process a
setting clear next steps.
* Create constructive tension by leveraging facts from research, benchmark
data, and best demonstrated practices to introduce new ideas that
challenge the status quo and reveal to customer high costs they may have
* Tailor presentations and commercial insight to customer s industry,
company and contact and deliver relevant messages based on current
industry trends that will impact their business.
* Cross-sell and up-sell by thoroughly understanding customers value
propositions, key business objectives regarding growth and profitability,
and the industries they serve.
* Identify and arm the mobilizer (influence and power beyond title) with
toolkit to sell MSC s solutions throughout their organization.
* Research industry trends that impact customers and become recognized as a
trusted advisor on the industries they serve.
The intellectually agile and professionally driven sales professional we seek
should have these skills and competencies.
* Self-motivated to achieve specific sales and performance goals (2 years
demonstrated track record of success in B2B sales preferred)
* Ability to create constructive tension and align stakeholders involved in
the decision-making process to drive consensus to MSC solutions
* Solid history of decision making, taking accountability, demonstrated
competitive spirit and ability to overcome obstacles to success
* Strong interpersonal skills along with attention to detail and follow
* Drives results
* Customer focus
* Teaching for differentiation
* Tailoring for resonance
* Taking control
* Instills trust
* Decision quality
* Develops talent
* Communicates effectively
* Action oriented
* Manages conflict
* Situational adaptability
* Bachelor s degree in business, industrial distribution, manufacturing
or equivalent experience
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with experience
* Valid driver s license capable of driving up to several hours each da
and ability to travel
People. Collaboration. Insight. That s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to
help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings
and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our
customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through
inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team
members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive
rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional
development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and
your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build
a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.