Sales Representative Philadelphia, PA
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Responsible, within an assigned geographic territory, for the sales of electrical connectors, installation tooling and accessory products to distributors, end users and contractors. Additionally, is responsible for working with Engineers and Consultants in furthering the specifications of Burndy products.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specification is key to the growth of Burndy's business. An FSR needs to understand our position in comparison to our competitors, and be able to articulate the features, advantages and benefits of our line.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to service existing customers with training and certification classes.
- Monitor and follow up on provided vertical market leads (Corporate provided).
- Demonstrate products by using samples, videos and catalogs to emphasize unique Burndy features. As new product is launched, the FSR acts as the feet on the ground in conjunction with our corporate launch.
- Provides information on prices, credit terms and other term conditions of sales. Estimates date of delivery to customers, based on knowledge of delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports monthly on business conditions, lost opportunities, and keeps expense account records.
- Works within assigned expense budget.
- Meets or exceeds sales quota on quarterly and annual basis.
- Manages and submits paperwork for distribution cooperative funds (a percentage of our partners business is invested in jointly marketing our product and their relationship.
Skills And Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient computer skills
- Driver's license required
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.