Scan Asset Firmware Engineer
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Meet program commitments by developing and delivering scan asset firmware to support a portfolio of A3 & A4 Enterprise class Laser and Inkjet products
- Develop and improve the flexibility and maintainability of the scan asset firmware code base.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Leads a project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the firmware engineering team for all phases of larger and more- complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Sirius framework, including familiarity with board directories and ASIC registers
- Print data path experience
- Comfortable reading schematics; understanding the connection between hardware and firmware
- Experience interfacing directly with ASICs and related hardware
- Comfortable working below the HW abstraction layer
- Experience with low-level firmware (using MICCI interface, ASIC Registers, Board Directories)
- Expertise in multiple firmware design tools and languages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing firmware, including interaction and integration with hardware design.
- Firmware testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.