CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create wonder and inspire dreams of epic proportions. It’s a big task, and we’re here because we’re up to the challenge. Are you?
The American Girl Columbus retail store and bistro is looking for a dynamic individual to deliver an outstanding dining experience to our guests as a Seasonal Host in our Bistro. The Host is responsible for greeting and seating restaurant guests, managing reservations and working with the restaurant team. If you thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and can handle challenging service situations with sound judgment and a positive, professional demeanor, we want to hear from you.
• Greets guests promptly and provides timely seating of guests by maintaining accurate waitlists, while maximizing seating capacity.
• Manages large crowds in a professional manner and is able to resolve challenging service situations diplomatically.
• Creates and maintains a pleasant ambiance in the dining room and party rooms through lighting, music and table placement.
• Communicates accurate dining room and party room setup, along with special requests and birthday information, to the restaurant team.
• Shares information on the store and restaurant events with guests.
• Utilizes Guestbridge reservation and InfoGenesis register systems, along with Microsoft Office, to perform job functions.
• Initiates training opportunities with restaurant staff.
• Assists restaurant staff as needed in providing an outstanding dining experience.
• A high school degree or equivalent and a degree or certification from an accredited or recognized school, college or institution, preferred.
• Experience as a restaurant host, hotel concierge, or related customer service position, preferred.
• Computer skills including restaurant reservation and POS systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and use of basic office equipment (copiers/fax), preferred.
• Experience working with children, preferred.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl, a subsidiary of Mattel, is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own journey – that’s why we offer paid time off including paid holidays for full-time employees and a competitive compensation and benefits package including matching 401k plans. Employees often say the best part of working with us is the people, and we build our community through activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in the design and production of quality toys and consumer products. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, content, and experiences that nourish a girl’s spirit and help develop her strength of character. Best-selling lines include Truly Me™, Girl of the Year™, Bitty Baby™, WellieWishers™, and American Girl’s classic historical characters. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, in its proprietary U.S. experiential retail stores, as well as at specialty retailers nationwide. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of parents and educators.
Mattel creates innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential..
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.