Seasonal Merchandiser Associate Birmingham, AL
Spectrum Brands The Home & Garden business unit of Spectrum Brands is bas
in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices
throughout the US and globe. We are a leading supplier of consumer products
nationally for the home, lawn and garden, insect and weed control markets. We
deliver groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality to
consumers with our well-recognized brands including Spectracide , Hot Shot
Cutter , Repel , Black Flag , Garden Safe , EcoLogic and Liquid
As a Seasonal Merchandiser with Spectrum Brands, you will play an essential
role in the success of our business during our peak spring season! As you bring
your energy and expertise, you will service the Home & Garden departments in
our big box retailers, such as Home Depot and Lowes. As part of the day-to-day
responsibilities the Merchandiser will be responsible for servicing a given
territory, completing re-sets and promoting the sale of our company s
consumer packaged goods products through listening to the consumers and asking
the right questions. In order to do this the Merchandiser will need to be able
to establish a positive rapport with store personnel and customers, built
loyalty and relay information to Spectrum Brands Sales team regarding inventory
wins or opportunities. You must be able to work with minimal to no supervision
and have reliable transportation. Seasonal assignments will have an end date of
July 1st, subject to change based on business needs.
* Maintaining store presentation standards through building displays,
fixture installation, store sets, shelf maintenance, down stock,
retrofits, inventory reconciliation, display maintenance and POP
* Identify opportunities for incremental display space to drive volume
* Provide product knowledge training to store personnel with the intention
of allowing them to better drive sales to the end user.
* Cover multiple stores daily in an assigned territory
* Generating sales by increasing brand awareness and trial through direct
interactions with consumers in assigned stores.
* Participate in promotional events in assigned territory
* Assist and monitor customer satisfaction.
* Must understand and demonstrate safe work practices at all times to
ensure a safe work environment.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
We are willing to train the right candidate!
Education and Experience Profile
* An equivalent combination of:
* High school diploma or GED preferred but NOT REQUIRED and;
* 1 to 2 years previous sales or retail experience ideal.
* Ability to work flexible hours is required, weekend and evening hours may
be required depending on location
* Professional communication skills and ability to communicate effectively
with multiple audiences- consumers, store personnel, and internal
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Competitive drive to succeed
* Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 60 lbs.
* Ability to travel extensively using personal transportation within
territory with the potential for overnight travel as needed
* High level of initiative
* Ability to work effectively with a high level of independence
* Problem solving ability
* The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to
finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
* Ability to climb ladders and the employee must frequently (or
occasionally) lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* The noise level and working conditions may be similar to those for a
* Exposure to weather conditions while traveling between assigned stores.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.