Securities Services - Hedge Fund Accounting - Associate
· Manage a team of Accountants responsible for the Preparation/Review/Oversight of Net Asset Value Files
· Manage the Review/Oversight of Daily Profit and Loss Calculations
· Review of fund, share class, and investor allocations including calculations of management and performance fees
· Ensure all scheduled work is completed by agreed deadlines, checklists are completed and files contain all required documentation
· Ensure that all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manual and general company policies are complied with across all groups
· Create, maintain and update procedures for client specific deliverables
· Develop a thorough knowledge of our client base and build relationships with Investment Managers and other related third parties
· Partner with internal stakeholders and clients to support new Fund on-boarding’s and conversions
· Perform on-going review of daily controls and communication of any new training or procedural changes within the team
· Work closely with clients to resolve queries and provide first level accounting escalation support
· Work with internal partners (investment operations, reconciliations, investor relations and financial reporting teams) to agree on internal deadlines to ensure client SLAs are met
· Effectively balance workload and manage capacity within the team
· Ensure that coverage/cross training plans are in place within the team to cover holidays, absences and turnover
· Assist with training and coaching of team members
· Streamline operational processes to reduce risk and improve efficiency
· Ensure that available technology is fully utilized in the most efficient manner
· Work closely with legal/compliance to ensure all funds are in compliance with the relevant regulatory authorities
· Report to management on MIS and ad hoc issues that may arise
· Participate in and or lead special projects
· Support business growth through participation in the Request for Proposal Process
· Bachelor’s degree required, degree preference is Finance, Accounting, or Economics
· Thorough knowledge of the hedge fund environment including accounting for investor allocations, share classes, and complex investment and securities processing
· Superior interpersonal skills.
· Excellent client service orientation and proven ability to deal with demanding clients.
· Ability to lead and manage high performing teams.
· Strategic thinker with proven track record.
· 7+ years of Hedge Fund Accounting experience or work for Big 4 audit firms
· 3+ years management experience
· Experience with private equity is a plus
· Strong knowledge of hedge fund products
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong communication skills
· Proven adaptability and ability to work in a high growth area
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.