Security Officer Southwest
At Memorial Hermann, were about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for assisting with the protecting, securing and promoting safety and security at a Memorial Hermann Hospital campus.
: High School Diploma
- Certified as a Certified Healthcare Basic Security Officer by the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (if not certified upon date of hire),
t obtain certification no more than six (6) months after hire
- Mustbe licensed as a Commissioned Security Officer by the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau (if not licensed upon date of hire),
obtain license no more than 90 days after hire
- Possession of a valid drivers license (if from out of state),
obtain a Texas Drivers license within 90 days of employment
- Must be certified in Heartsaver CPR or Heartcode BLS CPRby the American Heart Association (if not certified upon date of hire),
obtain certification no more than 90 days after hire
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Must be able to understand the English language and communicate it effectively in both verbal and written form
- Proficiency in the use of computers is required
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Monitors assigned areas in a manner assuring maximum visibility of the security presence.
- Post in assigned area or conduct patrols in vehicle or on foot.
- Ensures security of all designated areas and access points; control vehicular access to buildings and parking areas. Identify and report all fire and safety hazards, suspicious activities, or
breaches of security.
- Controls access of areas and of materials by administering and enforcing building visitor and materials pass programs.
- Have a complete understanding of hospital, building management, and departmental policies and procedures; post orders and comply with their job requirements at all times.
- Responds to all security and emergency situations as dispatched or assigned; assist patients, visitors and staff by answering questions and by providing escorts, directions, and vehicle assists.
- Completes and submits required security reports and activity logs within assigned shift; properly operate and care for Security equipment; maintain knowledge of location and operation of emergency systems and equipment.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.