Security Project Manager, Design Engineer
Security Project Manager, Design Engineer
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Job Summary: Supports IBX Operations and Security teams within the following areas:
- Provide expert level support across all IBX Operations regions for security systems.
- Implements changes across all IBXs to achieve consistent security system solutions.
- Contributes and maintains alignment with national and regional executive stakeholders in relation to security systems and policy, strategic direction and future business objectives.
- Supports Operational security functions, business process system solutions including specification standards, data integrity and exception handling.
- Provide recommendations for improvement based on research including new tools, processes and technologies.
- Contributes to collection, analyzing and reporting to management on system operational metrics.
- Provide process and system guidance to the security engineers and system administrators who install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain the security systems for the organization.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems, including lifecycle analysis.
- Recommends alterations to design, development, implementation and analysis to improve quality of products, new technologies, and/or procedures.
- Leads process improvement projects
- Manages multiple tasks within cross-functional projects
- Supports and provides input/guidance on design engineering and project planning on new and expansion of IBXs
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of security projects, sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Plans and coordinates project scheduling, budgeting, and administrative tasks.
- Facilitates projects by conducting meetings, recording meeting minutes/action items, and performing basic follow-up
- Research and analyze data to evaluate operational difficulties and make recommendations to solve problems.
- Identifies, analyzes, and monitors issues that affect profitability, growth, and productivity
- Manage lists, libraries and related workflow.
- Serves as a content contributor for the security systems standards, design guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Collects recommendations/input from cross-functional groups to keep SOPs current.
- Maintains sites security drawings and product data information.
- Authors a variety of technical security documentation including procedures, articles, reports, and/or user manuals.
- Adheres to publishing procedures to ensure all documentation is deployed according to established change control processes.
- Implements both existing and new design methods and standards for new IBX design engineering efforts
- Recommends alterations to design, development, implementation and analysis to improve quality of products, new technologies, procedures, and/or efficiencies
- Provides drawing reviews of both internal and cross-functional designs
- Identifies training needs for stakeholders
- Contributes to identifying and developing training programs
- Manage Security Integrator training of newly deployed security systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of security systems including: Access Control, CCTV, Telecommunications and Internet Technologies required.
- Must be a highly organized, self-motivated and positive team player with demonstrated ability to provide effective oversight and systems management, development and follow-up to prompt closure on security initiatives, plans and solutions.
- Requires the ability to perform physical tasks as needed to complete special projects within a datacenter environment, such as access control and CCTV system installation; lifting heavy spools of cable; pulling cable through overhead cable trays; and/or installing cage mesh.
- Must be able to work independently, make timely decisions, and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to work in a supervisory role and lead the team on various operational projects.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, AutoDesk REVIT, AutoCAD and SketchUp with proficiency.
- Required to travel extensively across all Equinix operating sites for up to several weeks at a time as needed for installations, support, follow-ups, and training.
Education / Certifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in security systems maintenance, operations and vendor management field or 8 years’ experience in the aforementioned.
- Current certification with a major security systems manufacture; preferably Symmetry, Software House, UTC Fire & Security, or Loronix.
- Extensive experience with datacenter skills such as installing/moving equipment and large-scale cabling projects. Requires the ability to design and deploy integrated security systems including software, hardware, network infrastructure, cabling and cable tray solutions.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.